Friday, June 15, 2012

Party time!

I'm a little late on this but Walker's first birthday was so much fun! (And this post is super long!) I got to craft and make all sorts of stuff which I loved because I haven't done much of that since he was born!

Way back in January I picked a robot theme for Walker's party after seeing the theme in the Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate Magazine. This magazine is awesome because not only does it provide you with recipes and ideas for parties but you can also go here and download printables for the party! So as soon as we decided on the theme, I got to work! (Now I will say that I went back and forth several times about the theme because of silly Pinterest but in the end I'm really glad I went with my first choice!)

Blake bid on a robot cartridge for my cricut on EBay which came in super handy for the party decor!

I got the wording from an invite on Etsy (and of course now I can't find it!) but I think mine was much cuter! I made it on Picnic before it closed shop and made the little robot with my cricut. I covered a regular old party hat with digital scrapbook paper I printed out. I had the ric-rac, cut the one with the cricut and made the pom-pom.

I made the banners and the cupcake toppers, and the napkin rings. The tags on the food were printed from the magazine site.  I also had a little time capsule and a month by month banner that I forgot to take pictures of.

There were little treat bags for the kids to fill up before they left.
I made the cake and the cupcakes. They definitely aren't professional quality, but overall I thought they turned out pretty darn good for a first timer!
We had BBQ's, pasta salad, and chips and dip for dinner. Again, no pic of the food!

We also had a very cute photo booth. There are too many pictures to share in this post, but I will post them in part 2!

We mostly had both of our families to Walker's party and a couple of my close girlfriends also came. It was a little crowded but we managed just fine!

Walker was in a great mood all day, so he was a regular party boy that night. My mom made him these adorable little b-day shorts!

He was not happy that we were holding his little hands down while singing Happy Birthday!


Once he started on the cake he was in the zone and wouldn't really pay attention to anyone else. He loved it!

He did not love it when...
his mommy thought he'd had enough and took his cake away! Ha!
So then we gave him another little sliver and all was right with the world again!

After his cake, we opened presents. He got all kinds of fun stuff.


Walker's big present from Blake and I...
Every little Boy needs their own truck!

Walker had a wonderful first birthday and we are so thankful for amazing friends and family to celebrate our special little boy with!

Happy Birthday sweet boy!


6 comments:

AbbyS. said...

happy birthday sweet walker!
good job momma!!! Looks great. I will bw checking out that site! thanks.

Lyndsey said...

Oh.my.gosh!! I love it all! You picked such a cute theme and I love all the bright colors! His smash cake looks awesome and I love all the decor you made! A cricut machine is on my birthday list this year... you can do so many cute things with them! Great job mama! And Happy Birthday Walker!

Joeylee said...

Awe I love it all. It turned out sooooo cute. He's such a cutie

mariel said...

Love it! I love all the bright colors! I love that magazine too!

Tami said...

Everything is just ADORABLE! The colors are my favorite for a little boy's party. I am so impressed with the smash cake. You did such an amazing job.

Callie said...

Oh goodness, his birthday part was SO CUTE! All the decorations coordinate so well, everything looks amazing! I love it!