Meet Walker, our full blown, 100 mph toddler! My sweet baby is gone, and has been replaced with this adorable blue eyed, blond hair, cyclone of energy...
The last few months have been a complete blur. I finally finished my summer school, and we just returned from a wonderful trip to Hilton Head with our little family of three. The bad news is I'm back to school in about two weeks.
Walker has grown and changed so much since his twelve month post. I can't commit to doing monthly posts anymore because I just don't always have the time to sit and write everything out. However, from time to time I still want to give updates on our little man.
So here's the latest...
Walker is growing like a weed. He doesn't go back to the doctor until early September so I'm not sure how much he weighs. I have noticed lately that he is getting really tall and lean. He is starting to grow out of the spring/summer clothes I bought him back when the weather started turning. He is wearing mostly a size 5 shoe. I think for fall he will be in totally 24 months and some 2T clothes. (By the way, he can now fit into tops at CrewCuts (pants still too big) and I must say he is the cutest little JCrew model I've ever seen!) Still wearing size 4 diaper.
| modeling his first Crewcuts |
Walker loves food. I mean, like, really loves food. Food is really the only thing Walker is fussy over. We can't even go in the kitchen without him throwing a fit, and wanting a blahblah (banana). He cries when he's waiting to eat, and he cries when his food is over. I really haven't found anything this kid won't eat. He even loves spicy food. He likes to feed himself with his fingers and is getting better and better with the spoon.
My sweet guy goes 100mph while awake. He loves to be chased, tickled, and thrown up high by daddy. He loves playing peek-a-boo, and reading books. He especially loves books with texture on the pages. He is obsessed with balls. Anything round is considered a ball (globes, watermelon, balloons, apples, etc.). He has also found a new love over the last few months of his stuffed animals, and holds them, hugs, and kiss them calling them baby. It really is too sweet. He also loves playing in the pool (no fear), playing with his trucks and riding in his wagon or jogging stroller. Although this little guy goes 100 mph, he is still great at restaurants, and while shopping.
My favorite part of this toddlerhood is Walker's development of language. It is amazing to me. I told Blake the other day that I think Walker is bilingual. He has his normal English words, and then he talks a hundred miles an hour in jibberish that I love! I really can't even think of every word he says, so I won't even try.
Walker has still been such an easy baby, and has brought so much joy to our lives. I can't get over how much he has grown, but I honestly have loved each new stage more than the last. We love you baby big boy!






3 comments:
OMG how cute is he. I've missed seeing posts from you. Glad to hear all is well. Loving his blonde hair and blue eyes, such a little cutie!
He is just the cutest! It's crazy how fast our tiny little newborns turned into full-blown toddlers! I love that he is a good eater! Emerson is the same way! She LOVES to eat! Yay for fitting in Crewcuts tops. He looks like a little model in his vest!
Walker is too cute!! You have a really cute blog, love it!
Post a Comment