Saturday, December 1, 2012

18 months

Wow, I haven't blogged in months. There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do, but I definitely don't want to miss recording some things about my little man at 18 months!

Walker,
   You are so absolutely precious. Daddy and I are amazed at how smart you are, and how quickly you are learning new things!
   You are getting so big. I think you weigh about 28 pounds but you go to the doctor next week so we will have to wait and see! You wear 24 months and 2T clothes and a size 6 shoe. You are still in a size 4 diaper. You love to tell me you want to go potty though, so fingers crossed you won't be hard to potty train (one day!).
   You are so busy. You love to climb and jump all day long. You still love balls and babies (stuffed animals). You also love books, and reading is about the only way we can get you to sit still. Your favorite books are On the Night You Were Born, Brown Bear Brown Bear, The Foot Book, the Duck and Goose series and a book you have with nursery rhymes. You are starting to show a little more interest in TV and love Miie Mou (Mickey Mouse), & Jake and the Neverland Pirates. One of your other favorite things to do is wear mine and daddy's shoes around the house. You think its hilarious!
    You are a chatter box. Lately you repeat just about everything we ask you to say. Most of what you say is actually really clear too. You are able to tell us most things that you want. You can say just about all your animal sounds and identify pictures of animals when asked. You also know most major body parts. (I think we still need to work on things like knee and elbow).
   You are still such a social little guy. You say hi to just about everyone you see in public. You love to give hugs and have the sweetest little kissy face. You love the nursery at church and even let yourself in the little baby gate. You love to have visitors over and you get so sad when they leave.
   Mommy is still working and you stay with Nana three days a week. Now you and Evie are the only babies there and you guys are just best friends. You love both of your Nanas and your Pappy, but no one holds a candle to your Poppy! When he's around you two are inseparable. You are his little shadow, and I know he eats it up! (I know how you feel, because I was a complete Daddy's girl to Poppy when I was little, and truthfully, I still am. So this totally melts my heart!) You also have a new babysitter this year on Wednesdays and Fridays. Debbie comes to our house, and you love her! She has been a huge blessing to our family this year! You love all of your cousins and they love to carry you around like you are still a little baby. I can't wait for Cruz to get a little bigger though because I think  you definitely need a boy to play with!
   You love to eat. Your favorite foods are bananas, eggs, mac & cheese, and broccoli & cheese. Most of the time you eat great but there isn't always a pattern to what you like to eat.
  You have started to push the limits a little. Sometimes you hit, or repeat behaviors that are bad or dangerous. You've been in time out a few times now, and it seems to work.
 Walker, we are head over heels in love with you! You have been such a blessing to daddy and I. We don't know how we ever managed to live a day without you. Every day we love you more and more and we are so thankful that God gave us you!
Happly 1.5 birthday baby boy!
 
Apparently, I've reached my photo limit so I'll have to post pictures later!

No comments: