I have been so bad at blogging. Between working full time, playing mommy and wife all evening, and being 8ish months pregnant, I just don't have time or energy. Sometimes I feel so sad that I haven't kept up with at least Walker's monthly updates. So before we reach the big two mark, I wanted to document my little man's life at 22 months!
Walker,
You are now a little over 22 months old. I've said it a million times but I honestly think each month that has gone by I love you more and more. You fill my heart right up. Daddy and I can't believe you are our sweet boy and that God blessed us to be your parents.
You are getting so, so big. You had an ear infection back in February and weighed a little over 30lbs. You are about 35 inches tall according to the growth chart in your room. Over the last few weeks you have grown out of many of your jeans and and your belly pops out in many of your shirts. Good thing Spring is around the corner because you are really needing some new clothes. You wear a 2T in most brands and need a 3T is some shirts. I love dressing you up like the little man you are. You wear a size 7 shoe.
You are my little chatter box. I love listening to you as you learn to process your thoughts and share what's on your mind. I think you talk extremely well for your young age. I can understand almost everything you say. My favorite phrases you have been saying lately are: I not believe it. I not like that. I want cho (you) hold me. I want cuddle on the couch. I need my baby and blanket. Where daddy go? What else? I want go to church. Weee! (when going down hills in the car) Yea, that be fun. I need you. Poppy have banna for me? Daddy I want cho (you) play cars with me. My love you mommy. I could go on and on because honestly everything you say is so cute but these phrases just stand out to me right now. It really seems like everyday you have learned to say something new.
You still love to eat. Most of the time you'll eat just about anything. Your favorite things are bananas, broccoli, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, strawberries, black berries, cereal, tomatoes. I really try not fix you anything different for dinner so we don't start a bad habit and most of the time that works fine for you.
You usually run about 100 miles an hour all day long. You are showing yourself as a rough and rowdy boy for sure. You love to jump on everything from couches, to beds, to the floor, to your little trampoline. You always say "I blast off" (which is another phrase I love). You also love to play cars. You line them all up and make the cutest little noises when you play. You've also become a little tv junkie so we have to really limit how much you are watching. Your favorite little shows are Little Einsteins, and Jungle Junction. You also are obsessed with Cars (the movie). You love Lightning McQueen and Mater and want to watch them pretty much all day long. You still love books and I'm always amazed at how you will interact with the story being read. Your favorite book is Are you My Mother? I hope you always will love to read. When you get into something you aren't supposed to, you act like a wild man until you get caught. It's like you try to go as fast as you can to do something bad before we catch you. You've gotten a few love taps and been in time out quite a bit lately.
You've always been our good little sleeper and have pretty much continued in that same pattern. In early February we converted your crib to a full sized bed to make room for baby Henry. You did awesome in your big bed at first. You were so excited saying stuff like "I love it", when we set it up. You weren't hard to transition until about two weeks ago! Oh my goodness, then you learned that you could get out. You woke up a few nights and just took off running down the hall. Then there were a few nights when you ended up in our bed and I had no clue until I woke up with a foot in my face. Some nights we even ended up in bed with you. Daddy and I were exhausted and decided it was time to gate you in. You cried at the gate for about 10-15 minutes one night then Daddy went in the hallway and said, "Walker go to bed"...you said "ok" and the rest has been history. You've done much better since learning you don't have free run of the house in the middle of the night. That first night was pretty much heartbreaking for Daddy and me but we were so proud of you for following our directions and sticking it out. Since the gate incident we've really tried to make more of a regular bed time routine. Now you take a bath if it's bath night, brush your teeth and get changed. Then Daddy and I both have been reading you a story out of your story book bible and then you say your prayers. Last night you really said your prayers totally on your own. It makes my heart melt. At the end you say, "In Jesus Name pray, Amen! Pray (Praise) the Lord!" Talk about a proud Momma! We kiss goodnight, turn out the lights, and you go to sleep on your own with your pappi (paci), baby, and blanket. After you've been asleep for awhile we check on you and I think you are the most precious angel when you are sleeping!
You are in your final weeks as an only child. It makes me a little sad to think how big you are going to seem once Baby Henry arrives. We talk with you all the time about him and I always show you pictures of other babies to try to get you ready for him. You love going into his room and saying "That Enry (Henry) bed." I'm not really sure how you will do at first, but I think you are going to be such a wonderful big brother and I can't wait to see you in that role.
Walker you are my sweet, sweet boy and I love you so, so much. Everyday Daddy and I thank the Lord that you are ours.
We love you to the moon and back little buddy!
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Oh my gosh look at how big he's gotten. He is adorable
Adorable!! I had no clue you were expecting! Congrats!
Post a Comment