Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Looking back on 2012

I cannot believe that 2012 has come and gone! Cliche, I know, but I swear every year goes by faster than the last.
2012 was kind of uneventful for our family. While we were super busy and beyond blessed, 2011 was just too hard of a year to top. I have a feeling some amazing things are in store for 2013 though.

I saw these questions on Kelly's Korner so these will have to do as my year end review this year!


1. What are you most thankful for?
I am thankful for God's amazing grace in my life. I am definitely most thankful for my family. God has given me an amazing husband who is a wonderful  partner to share this crazy life with. I am also so thankful for a healthy, beautiful, fun-loving little boy (yes, definitely more like a little boy these days). I am also thankful for my parents who go above and beyond for us every single day. I also have wonderful siblings and in-laws to be thankful for.



2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you?
Highlights: 1. Walker growing and changing. In 2012, he crawled, walked and started to run.

                   2. Celebrating Walker's 1st birthday.
                   3. Our family beach trip to Hilton Head in July.
                   4. Welcoming our sweet nephew Cruz.
                   5. Finding out we were pregnant with baby #2!
                   6. Learning baby #2 will be our second sweet baby boy!
                   7. Blake and I taking a trip to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas in November.

3. What are you hoping for in 2013?

I'm hoping for a continued healthy pregnancy, delivery and healthy baby boy in May! Along with that I'm praying for a smooth transition with the addition of a new baby to our family. I am also praying for health and safety for our families.


4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows, )
Shows: Nashville, How I met Your Mother
Clothes: Dresses, long tops and leggings or skinny jeans with boots
Movies: very rarely get to watch movies, but...I loved What to Expect When You're Expecting.

5. Who was God to you in 2012? 
I have seen God in a more real way in 2012 than ever before. I see him everyday as I watch Walker grow and learn new things. I really don't know how anyone raising a child, could not see God in every little detail of that miracle. We joined a small group at our church in 2012 and I feel like I've been blessed to experience relationships in which my understanding of God has grown to new levels. While I'm no where near where I want to be in my walk with God, but I feel like in 2012 Blake and I both are taking our faith more seriously.

Over all I'd say 2012 was a success! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Joeylee said...

Oh my gosh look at walkers blonde hair, so cute. Congrats on baby boy #2.