Friday, August 6, 2010

This and That

I've been on a brief hiatus from blogging this week because I've been
consumed with this fantastic novel for the second time.


Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is a story based on the book of Hosea in the Old Testament. It speaks of unending love and devotion as a young girl struggles with forgiving herself for her unfortunate past circumstances. All the while God speaks to her and wants his daughter to return home to him. I could tell you every single detail about this book because it's that wonderful, but to get the full effect you must read it for yourself! I had read this book several years ago in college and it had always been one of my favorites. I had told my friend Ashley about it and she read it while on vacation. She too loved it and decided to start a bible/book study on the book. We've met once and it was fun to hear about others interpretation of the novel. I don't read books twice, so you know it must be good! Check it out!!

Since I have been so busy reading I haven't even gotten to share the details of our fantastic past weekend.

Blake and I went to dinner on Friday for a much needed date. We headed to Chili's so we could eat on the patio since the evening was so beautiful. I made Blake take lots of pictures with me since I finally got a new memory card for my camera. (Sorry in advance for so many self taken pictures!)


Never a dull moment!I like to think that Blake is so excited to be on a date with me in this picture but I think his mind was on the next day's events. (Keep reading to learn more!)

Now this is me (yikes) but really excited for some of the next day's events as well!


After a great dinner and a much needed date, Blake and I hurried home to go to bed because we had to get up bright and early on Saturday to go to the Greenbrier Classic PGA Tour Event.

This was the first time the Greenbrier hosted the event and I was really impressed with the whole day. I also actually enjoyed it...who knew watching golf could be exciting. Sadly cameras and phones are forbidden at PGA events so I don't have any pictures of this part of our day. Blake did however, make it big time! After following one of Blake's favorite golfers, Davis Love III, for awhile I asked if we could find Stuart Appleby and watch him because I think he's pretty, I mean talented! hehe! Well Appleby was teamed up with DA Points who was having a fantastic round. All the tv people were following him around and Blake was in the background of one of the shots on tv! The funny part is it was on one of his good shots and they keep replaying the shot on CBS and the Golf channel with my sweet hubby cheering in the background! Obviously we had to be told this information by my cousin but Blake did get to see the replay of the shot again the next day!

So anyways I actually enjoyed golf! Who knew? Following the golf event the Greenbrier had brought in a concert series too. We headed over to the state fair grounds and were set to enjoy a concert by my favorites, Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley!

Sitting on the lawn waiting for the show to start!
(Sorry for the nasty hair, we had been rained on off and on and had been outside the entire day!)


Carrie put on a great show.

Brad came out at about 10:00 and opened with his new song, "Water" well perfect timing because at about that time the heavens opened and started pouring rain! Blake and I were tired, cold, and wet (no umbrellas allowed) and since we had a two hour drive home we decided to leave :( I'm still a little disappointed about this part but we had a great day and there isn't anyone else I would have rather experienced it with!


Blake and I are setting off for the beach this weekend! I'm so excited, it's our first real vacation with just the two of us since we went on our honeymoon!!!

No comments: