Saturday, August 14, 2010

Vacay Recap!

Blake and I are back from a very relaxing, very enjoyable vacation at Hilton Head. This was our second beach trip there this summer, and we had much better weather this time around. Each day greeted us with perfectly clear blue skies, and blazing August sunshine! We got great tans, and lots and lots of sleep.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures but I did capture one very interesting experience we had. One night we drove over to Savannah since Blake had never been there. We walked around River Street for a while, searching for the perfect place to eat dinner. Everyone we asked and everything we read said to go to this place called The Crab Shack out on Tybee Island. Up for an adventure, we headed out that way. The food was great but it was an interesting experience to say the least!

Thanks to a little family for volunteering to take our picture. Notice the fancy lighting!

We ordered the sea food platter for two...yikes that's a lot of food!!
You're never too old to play with your food! Ha!


Still so much food left! Apparently Blake was not quite finished! hehe!
We had a great time and may even make our way back to the Crab Shack.

We also ate at WiseGuys on Hilton Head. It's on Main Street and it's a small plates restaurant. We love it! If you are going to Hilton Head any time soon you should try it out! The food and atmosphere are fantastic. We cooked in a few nights too and I must say that our home cooked meals were just as tasty as those we had out!

Coming home yesterday was bittersweet because it means my summer has come to an end. I'll be heading back to work officially on Tuesday and the kiddos start on Friday (I know that's weird right). But spending my last week of summer vacation at the beach with my hubby was a great way to top of another summer gone by!




1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sounds like y'all had a fun trip! Hilton Head is lots of fun :) I've been to The Crab Shack before and you're right...it was interesting but good!