Wednesday, December 15, 2010

16 weeks and counting...

We have had a very eventful week in terms of the baby at the Shamblin household.

So first of all on Saturday Blake and I were laying in bed and I think that I felt my first little baby flutters!!! Since this is all new to me, I'm not positive that it was the baby but the only thing I do know is it felt exactly like flutters! (I'm going to go ahead and say that it was the baby!) I have since felt those same "flutters" a few other times this week. It's so exciting. Up until now I haven't really felt like this whole baby thing was real however this week its starting to sink in and it's WONDERFUL!!!

On Monday I was scheduled to have a routine pre-natal checkup. Once in with the doctor, he did the Doppler thing to check Baby S's heart beat and it was much lower than it had been. Blake and I looked at each other immediately thinking, "Oh my, maybe it is a boy!" I told the doctor that I was so excited to find out the baby's gender that I just couldn't wait. He then surprise the heck out of us and said, "Well let me see what I can do!" and he let us have an ultrasound right after our appointment with him!! I was so nervous they wouldn't be able to see what the baby was, however, when we went in there was no question!!!

Baby S is a BOY!!!

I literally could have fallen off the table I was so surprised and excited!
Needless to say, we think he is beautiful! Ha!
This is actually a picture of a picture so it's not as clear as the real thing. I need to get our scanner hooked up!!
I have more pictures but I'll wait to post them until I can actually scan them!



The ultrasound tech also said that everything looked great when we where in there on Monday. We get to go back for our anatomy scan on January 3rd and I can not wait to see this little guy again!!

In the meantime I'm trying to not drive Blake insane with baby talk. We have decided on a name but I'll save it for now! I think I've also decided how I want to decorate the nursery but I'm not quite ready to tackle that project! I also went and picked up two little baby boy items after our appointment. It was so fun to buy boy clothes since I am so used to looking at little girl stuff!

God is so good, and we know that this little baby is only being given to us because of HIM! We feel unbelieveably blessed right now and we are so thankful!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww congratulations! I know y'all are just so excited to be having a little boy!

Stephanie said...

It all sounds so exciting! I am so happy for you guys and congratulations on the little boy! YAY!!!

Brooke said...

How exciting! Boys are terrific and have a special place in their mommy's heart... I can't describe it, but you will feel it the moment he arrives! Congrats :)