2010 has been a very busy year in the Shamblin home. We have been blessed beyond belief and have also experienced several trying times filled with sadness. However, I believe that we must go though periods of heartache in order to truly appreciate all the good things granted to us!
Here is our year-end-review...and I'm only going to focus on the happy!
Keep in mind some months have been way more exciting than others!
January
We decided to put our first home up for sale and try to purchase a home for sale in the area where we both grew up...
Six days later our home sold!!
The rest of January was spent packing up our house.
We also welcomed this little cutie into our family!
Six days later our home sold!!The rest of January was spent packing up our house.
We also welcomed this little cutie into our family!

Bryson James
Our first (and currently only) nephew
February
We moved into our new home, which is actually very similar to our "old" home.
We spent much of the month painting almost every inch of our home's lovely white interior.
Side note our home actually had green shutters when we bought it, the black shutters were a change we made this summer!
March
I went on a spring break beach trip to HHI with my mom and these two crazy, cuties...

April
We celebrated Easter with our family.
We also decided we were "ready" to be parents but we kept that to ourselves for awhile!
May
May was a crazy month for me with work due to the WESTEST, the fifth grade trip, and closing out the school year.
"The Ashley's" trying to survive the fifth grade trip!
We also had a weekend getaway to Charlotte for a NASCAR race,
which ironically we didn't even go to! Ha!

June
The end of a great school year!
Never sure who is more excited, the teachers or the students!?
We also went on a much needed family beach trip to HHI!
July
We spent time doing things around the house and time by my parents new pool!
We also had a little day trip to the Greenbrier for a PGA golf event,
and a Carrie Underwood/Brad Paisley concert!
Please pardon the nasty hair, it was such a damp, yucky day!
August
Blake and I took another beach trip to HHI, with just the two of us!
We had so much fun, since this was our first real solo vacay since our honeymoon.
Funny now we can probably think of this as our babymoon, since I'm pretty sure we won't have a chance to take any week long vacations before Baby comes!

September
We welcomed another BEAUTIFUL niece!
Evie Ryan
We also got this exciting news...
In case you were wondering...this says PREGNANT!!
October
We didn't do much in October because I was feeling too horrible to do much besides sleep,
and lay on the couch!
We did hear our baby's hb for the first time via ultrasound!
We also celebrate Halloween with these cuties...


and this cutie!
November
I celebrated my twenty-seventh birthday (yikes when did I get so old!?)
Blake got a new job!
I also had a weekend getaway with my old roommates from college! It was so wonderful catching up with everyone. It had been over three years since we had all be in the same place!!
Blake and I made another trip to HHI for Thanksgiving!
(Four beach trips this year, not too bad if I do say so myself!)
December
We learned there will be plenty of BLUE in our future,
And I have finally started feeling better!!
We also had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.

I think this year has been one of our best ones yet! I can't wait to see what 2011 holds!
Happy NEW YEAR'S to you and your family!!
May 2011 be full of blessings for you and your family!!

Our first (and currently only) nephew
February
We moved into our new home, which is actually very similar to our "old" home.
We spent much of the month painting almost every inch of our home's lovely white interior.Side note our home actually had green shutters when we bought it, the black shutters were a change we made this summer!
March
I went on a spring break beach trip to HHI with my mom and these two crazy, cuties...

April
We celebrated Easter with our family.

We also decided we were "ready" to be parents but we kept that to ourselves for awhile!
May
May was a crazy month for me with work due to the WESTEST, the fifth grade trip, and closing out the school year.
"The Ashley's" trying to survive the fifth grade trip!We also had a weekend getaway to Charlotte for a NASCAR race,
which ironically we didn't even go to! Ha!

June
The end of a great school year!
Never sure who is more excited, the teachers or the students!?We also went on a much needed family beach trip to HHI!
July
We spent time doing things around the house and time by my parents new pool!
We also had a little day trip to the Greenbrier for a PGA golf event,
and a Carrie Underwood/Brad Paisley concert!
Please pardon the nasty hair, it was such a damp, yucky day!August
Blake and I took another beach trip to HHI, with just the two of us!
We had so much fun, since this was our first real solo vacay since our honeymoon.
Funny now we can probably think of this as our babymoon, since I'm pretty sure we won't have a chance to take any week long vacations before Baby comes!

September
We welcomed another BEAUTIFUL niece!
We also got this exciting news...
In case you were wondering...this says PREGNANT!!October
We didn't do much in October because I was feeling too horrible to do much besides sleep,
and lay on the couch!
We did hear our baby's hb for the first time via ultrasound!
We also celebrate Halloween with these cuties...

and this cutie!November
I celebrated my twenty-seventh birthday (yikes when did I get so old!?)
Blake got a new job!
I also had a weekend getaway with my old roommates from college! It was so wonderful catching up with everyone. It had been over three years since we had all be in the same place!!

Blake and I made another trip to HHI for Thanksgiving!
(Four beach trips this year, not too bad if I do say so myself!)

December
We learned there will be plenty of BLUE in our future,
And I have finally started feeling better!!
We also had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends.

I think this year has been one of our best ones yet! I can't wait to see what 2011 holds!
Happy NEW YEAR'S to you and your family!!
May 2011 be full of blessings for you and your family!!


No comments:
Post a Comment