Sunday, December 5, 2010

THE DETAILS...

So yesterday I made the big announcement on Facebook...We're having a baby!!

I've had to resist writing this blog now for several weeks but yesterday I finally felt the time was right!

So here's the rest of the story...

Let me start by saying that pregnancy is the craziest thing. We've spent our whole marriage taking precautions to not get pregnant. So naturally when I went off of BC last spring, I just expected everything to happen right away. Well it's definitely not that easy, and it can actually become very emotional and stressful to get pregnant (if you let it). At first I was all about looking at calendars and making sure the timing was perfect...this only lasted a short while, and I finally just had to let go and let God.

And that brings me to September! The week my sister had her third baby, Evie, I found out I was pregnant (Sept 17 to be exact but who's counting right!). I went through an array of emotions when I found out. Excited and nervous mostly. I'm not really nervous to be a mother; I'm sure some mom's out there probably think I should be, but I've known my whole life that this is God's greatest calling for me. Being pregnant is so nerve wracking because you have no control over what's going on in there! I mean sure I can eat right, and exercise but other than that the situation isn't really in my hands. While I am still nervous, I trust that God has a plan for our little one and each doctor's appointment has ended with a great report!

We've gotten to hear our sweet little baby's heartbeat three times now and it is the most beautiful sound I've ever heard! Baby S (that's what we call him/her for now), has had a heartbeat in the 160s every time. I always thought we would have the first boy on my side but now I'm seriously feeling like this baby is a girl! (Which by the way would make the 5th granddaughter for my parents.) We really don't care either way, we just want a healthy baby! I'll be 15 weeks on Wednesday, and I go back to the doctor on the 13th. I'm assuming that they will schedule an appointment to find out the sex of the baby then. We are due June 1, which ironically is the last day of school! (Can we say bring on the snow days!!)

While close friends and family already knew I was pregnant, it's been so hard to keep it a secret the whole time because I've been feeling so terrible. There have been several mornings that I've been sick before going to work and almost everyday I have been terribly nauseous. On top of feeling bad, I've been really tired too. My house has been messy, and dinner hasn't always been cooked, but Blake has been wonderfully understanding and has really stepped up to help me while I've been feeling bad. I had several "good days" last week so I'm hoping I might be getting over the feeling bad part! If not that's ok too, because if it means this little one is healthy I'll take it!

While we are beyond excited, we know that God alone gets the glory for this little baby! We cannot wait to teach him or her about Jesus and watch Baby S grow to love our amazing God! Please keep us in your prayers as we start this new, very exciting chapter of our lives!!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Sara Price said...

Hey Ashley! I just wanted you to know I have been praying for you and that sweet baby! I am sure he/she will be perfect and I am excited for you and your family!!! Sara Price

Ashley Harrison said...

What an awesome God He is! I just know you will be a wonderful mommy and I can't wait to meet baby S!

Unknown said...

Aww Congratulations.

Blissfully Burton said...

Such an exciting time! Thank you for sharing the details! I love the reminder that it is in God's hands and His timing! :)

Brooke said...

This is so exciting! I will be praying for you throughout the pregnancy! Enjoy it! :)