Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Walker's Weekly- 12 Weeks

Last Wednesday I came back from my unintended blog break and I haven't been back since. I like to think I'm just savoring every single minute with my babe before the dreaded return to work!
Here is my sweet boy last Thursday at 12 weeks old!!
I could kiss those chubby little cheeks right off, and does anyone else see what I believe to be little rolls on his legs! Love it!

Isn't that shirt funny! Blake, of course, loves it!

Things got a little exciting around these parts last week...

Last Monday, Aug 1, Walker rolled over from belly to back for the first time! I've been watching this kid like a hawk his whole life and of course I missed it! I put Walker on his belly and went to the bathroom only to come back to find him on his back! He now does it almost every time we lay him on his belly. So much for tummy time! I got a video of it but I have to figure out how to share it on here!

Then on Saturday, I was playing with Walker and shaking a rattle at him and he laughed and laughed (out loud!) It was the most precious thing I have ever witnessed! Luckily Blake was home too, so we both got to hear it! I'm telling you, it was an all out belly laugh. Since then he hasn't done it, but has been so smiley!

Then on Saturday night Blake and I took a huge step and moved Walker to his crib. I can't lie and say there weren't tears shed over this milestone.
He's been doing great in there! The first morning he woke up at 5:00 and 5:30. I kept trying to put his paci back in to help him go back to sleep. At 6:00 he was ready to eat, so I fed him and he went back to sleep until almost 9:00. Every other night he's been sleeping until about 8:20 every morning (which is more of his normal routine!)

I cannot even tell you guys how much more in love with Walker we fall every day. He is such a huge blessing in our lives and I have no idea how we ever managed before he was here!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Transitioning to the crib was hard for me too! Much harder than it actually was for Liam haha. Glad to hear it's going well though!

Joeylee said...

Walker is a little cutie! I think the transition to the crib is harder on the mommy's than the baby's.

Blissfully Burton said...

he is SO cute! love his hair! good luck going back to work :(