Thursday, September 29, 2011

Randomness at it's best...


I'm feeling a little sentimental this week. Look how absolutely sweet and tiny my baby was here at about two weeks old. This has been the fastest time of my life.


1. I've had a hard week at work. Good thing there are two short weeks in a row coming up! I definitely need it!

2. We visited some friends last night who have a new baby (she's a month old) who is super tiny. I feel like Walker looked like a giant baby next to Alexis. Was he ever really that small?  (Probably not, at 1 month she was the same weight that he was when we brought him home but I still think he was bigger!) It's crazy and sad that he's not even five months old yet and it's already hard for me to remember him being so tiny! Also I love how many of my friends are transitioning into the parent phase around this time too! It's so fun sharing stories!

3. We have some fun things planned this weekend. I hope the weather holds out!

4. Last weekend we visited my college for Homecoming and it was super fun seeing old friends! I miss them so much! I'll share some pics later!

5. I had a sad moment this week from the babysitter...I called to check on Walker during my lunch only to find out that he rolled over from his back to his belly :( and I missed it! He did it again today while he was there, and he still won't do it for me! That is definitely a hard part of being a working momma.  Is it ok if I don't record this milestone in his baby book until I see it with my very own eyes? Ha!

6. This evening I was going to my brother and sister-in-law's house with Walker and right before we left he spit up everywhere. In a hurry to change him, I grabbed a 9 month Carter's outfit and it fit him perfectly. :(   I know Carter's runs a little small, but my baby is only 4 1/2 months old, can I be a little sad that he's growing so big so fast?

2 comments:

Tami said...

I feel the same way- it's hard for me to imagine Emerson being so tiny when I look at her newborn pictures. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

mariel said...

i was just looking back at my daughter's first week pictures and saying how little she actually was, even though she was 10 pounds! compared to now that was tiny!
and yes, i totally wouldn't record the rolling milestone until you see it!