Its been a complete whirlwind but we've survived me being a working mom for three weeks now. I definitely cannot say that this transition has been easy by any means but we are getting adjusted and figuring things out. So what have we been up to the last three weeks...
1. Walker is growing like a weed and is showing some major personality. Oh, did I mentioned that I am absolutely head over heels in love with this new found personality? It is so adorable! All you have to do is look at the child and he gives the sweetest smiles! He's starting to make the cutest noises too. So far I feel like he's a pretty social baby, which is what I've secretly ok not so secretly hoped for! I definitely think he was going through the three month growth spurt when I went back to work because every day I feel like he looks bigger. Blake weighed him this morning and he weighed 15 pounds. Now, keep in mind that our scale is old, has been through 3 moves, and pretty much says you weigh something different every time you step on it. So I don't know how accurate the 15lbs is but I'd definitely say he's getting up there! We go back to the doctor on the 13th so well see then!
2. Developmentally Walker is making some major strides too. He is reaching for things like crazy. He now absolutely love love loves his playmat! He goes nuts reaching for his animal friends. Blake and I just sit and watch him completly fascinated at the changes he's making!
He's also taking an interest in the TV. Saturday morning cartoons anyone?
3. The dreaded f word...no not that one. FORMULA. To save my sanity I introduced some last Sunday. Walker sucked it down and didn't even act like he noticed a difference. However, later in the week he was having some major belly aches so we had to switch to Similac Sensitive at the suggestion of our peditrician. He is now taking one bottle breastmilk and one formula bottle a day at the babysitters and I eliminated one of my pumping sessions at work. I now am only pumping during my lunch, and I finally don't feel like I'm drowning in a sea of never ending things to do there! I've also found that if I don't pump in between feeds in the evenings, Walker nurses perfectly. So it took us a little time and some fits on both of our parts but we finally have a system that seems to be working for both of us! Hallelujah!!
Side note: Walker will be staying on a mostly breastmilk diet for as long as possible. Formula is freaking expensive!!
4. I have still been taking Walker's weekly pictures but just haven't been blogging them. I will do an update on that soon!








2 comments:
I'm so glad things are starting to turn around. I'm praying for you!
He is so adorable and I love his hair! That's so good to see that things are getting better for y'all. I know how hard it is to go back to work but with that handsome face I bet it makes everything better!
Post a Comment