This week you turned five months old, and I think you are the cutest, sweetest five month old there ever was. Every day you are changing and growing. You have the best personality and will pretty much smile for anyone who talks to you. (It melts my heart a little bit!) You have been majorly busy growing and developing, so lets see what you've been up to.
You are finally the chunky little monkey I had hoped for! Over the last month you have been packing on the pounds. I think you weigh between 16 & 17 pounds but we won't know for sure until you go to the doctor next month. You are wearing both 3-6 month and some 6-9/6-12 month clothes. I'm a little sad that you are already fitting into the 6-12 month stuff. However, you have some pretty darn cute clothes and I am loving getting to dress you up like the little man you are! You are still wearing a size 2 diaper.
Last weekend we reached the end of the road as far as nursing goes. I definitely miss the bonding that we shared during that time, but you were getting very difficult to nurse. All those bottles at the babysitters' spoiled you! You take between 6-8 oz in your bottle and you usually take about 5 bottles a day. You have actually been spitting up a little less lately too! This month you also started eating solid foods. You've had rice cereal, squash, and sweet potatoes and you LOVE it all!This month you have been going through a little sleep regression. You were breaking out of your swaddle blanket nightly, so we decided to quit cold turkey. To be honest, you haven't been so great since. Ha! You wake up about 2 times each night but usually only need your paci to go back to sleep. I think you would sleep all night if I would put you on your belly, but I just can't bring myself to do that yet. You spoiled us early on with your wonderful sleep habits so Daddy and I just are not use to you waking so much! You are now going to bed between 8-8:30 each night and usually wake up for the day at 7:00am when I have to wake you up to eat so I can take you to the sitter's house. Sometimes if you wake up too early, I put you in bed with us until I have to get up. You sleep like a rock when you are cuddled close! :) At the babysitter, you have been getting in some rockin' naps! We are actually putting you on your belly for your day time naps.

Some of your favorite things this month are...
- Your play mat. You spin all around on that thing and talk to your little animal friends.
- Your Jumperoo. You are a little jumping bean and love to play with all the toys on it.
- Your daddy. You get so excited to see him when he gets home from work and give him the biggest smiles (momma's just a tad bit jealous here!). You even do the cutest thing where you look at him a scream/smile then turn away and look back at him over and over. You are so excited you just can't contain your self!
- Your bath time. You kick and splash and have a big ole' time.
- Your feet. They are your new favorite toy.
- Laughing. You are starting to get tickled at every little thing.
- Taking your paci out on your own. Now if you could just figure out how to get it back in the right way.
- Sleeping at night. Ugh.
- Laying back...you want to be up so you can see everything.
- Getting in your car seat. You arch your back and cry almost every time.
We love you right up to the moon and back, Walker Paul and we praise God for your precious life!




2 comments:
Little Walker is a doll!! Love these updates. They are reminding me of what is to come. Good job on nursing this long! I hope to make it that far too.
He is such an adorable little man! I love the first picture where he is grabbing his feet - Liam is very into his feet right now too!
I hope the nighttime sleeping gets better...and fast! :)
Post a Comment