Saturday, October 22, 2011

For this child I have prayed...

 Walker Paul,

I spent so much time planning and praying for you when I was pregnant, but I could never have prepared my heart for the blessing that you are in my life. I know it sounds so cliche, but I feel like I really do fall more in love with you every single day! Tonight at bedtime my heart literally was about to bust with love for you, little buddy. We've gotten into a pretty regular bed time routine around here. While the time is not to the minute, we usually do things in the same order each night. I give you your bottle, put your jammies on, and then it is Walker/Mommy time (sometimes Daddy puts you to bed but most nights I do just because I love that extra special time with you). I've started reading you a few books each night (depending on the time) and then we I say your bedtime prayers. Before I put you in your crib, we sing three songs. I started off just singing what ever comes to mind but lately we've been on these three songs: Jesus Loves Me, This Little Light of Mine, and God is so Good.  Now keep in mind that I might be the world's most horrible singer (no really), but you don't seem to mind in the least. Tonight when we were singing Jesus Loves Me, you  kept looking up at me with those beautiful, big blue eyes and smiling under your paci. It totally brought tears to my little momma eyes. I cannot wait for you, my child, to have a relationship with Jesus and really understand the truth in that simple little song.  I also always hold your little finger up when we sing "This little light of mine" and I could have just sat and cried thinking of you one day letting your light for Jesus shine for all to see.

YOU ARE A BLESSING

Momma and Daddy love you so much, but we cannot even touch the love that God has for you. Our greatest prayer is that one day you would know this love and keep it in your heart forever, and share it with everyone you know! Sleep tight little guy!

Love, Momma




(I've seen these "letter to my son" posts on some other blogs and think that I'm going to start doing them from time to time. My blog is a family journal and I want Walker to be able to look back on these posts one day and know just how loved he is!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes! Walker is so blessed to have you has his momma! He is a cutie! I cherish the moments before bedtime too!