Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Goals...

So today was supposed to be my first day back to work after the break but instead I'm on a snow day!! I think it's mother nature's way of getting back at my county for making us work all the way up until the day before Christmas Eve!  Walker is still asleep (on my bed no less, I think my child has figured out how to work over his parents :( ). I've never been one to set any major new year's resolutions but I do have a several things that I want to accomplish this year.
I just love this picture so I'm posting this twice!

This year I hope to...
1.  Grow closer to God, and be more Christ like.
2.  Be a better wife.
3.  Be the best mommy to Walker that I can be.
4.  be less consumed, engrossed in technology, ie: Facebook, Blogger, Pinterest, etc.
5.  grow our savings account. We have a specific dollar amount in mind and I would love to surpass even that!
6.  tackle some various home projects: tile kitchen and bathrooms, redo bedroom, work on landscaping, paint spare bedroom, and down stairs bathroom.
7. have a cleaner, more organized home. Most days I would be mortified if I had someone drop in. Ha!
8. get more invovled in our church.
9. exercise regularly and get back down to pre-baby weight
10. go on a weekend trip with just Blake and I.
11. work on my photography skills. With my new camera, I definitely should be able to enhance my photo taking ability!
12. complete project 365 with a photo of Walker every day. I so wish I would have done this his first year of life, but oh well.
13. work on being a better friend, whether establishing new friendships, or maintaining friendships with old friends.
14. complete a bible study.
15. continue blogging. To some it may seem so silly, but I am so so thankful that I have continued to update this blog frequently throughout the year.  I know there are so many details of my pregnancy and new mommy hood that would have been forgotten had I not blogged it. This has really become more of a family journal and I love looking back and remembering things. 

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. I feel like it's all pretty reasonable though, so hopefully I'll stick to it. Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Callie said...

I know what you mean, there is so much that I wouldn't remember if I didn't blog! It would be really hard for me to not blog for that reason, because I love looking back on everything we've done and everything the Lord has brought us through.

Thanks for following my blog! I'm following yours too now!