I was tagged by Callie to share 11 random facts about myself
and then answer her 11 questions…fun…
Here are the randoms…
- My wedding day was my last day ever in my childhood home. My parents lived there for 30ish years and built a new home around the same time I was getting married. They moved out of our house while Blake and I were on our honeymoon. Sometimes I get a little sentimental about it, but my parents are so much happier so it’s really fine! Side note: I did know this ahead of time so it wasn’t traumatic or anything ha!
- I hate, hate, hate to do laudry, fold laundry, and put away laundry. I usually have baskets full of pre-separated clothes that need washed and just pull out the same ole’ basic things to wash. (Let me state in my defense that it’s not like my clothes are like gross, stinky, dirty…they just need washed.)
- My choice of clothes is currently very limited because of random fact #3.
- My grandma has 16 great-grand children and only three are boys…I told you Walker is extremely out numbered!
- I really wanted to be a wedding planner when I was in high school and college. I went with teaching instead because I thought it was probably a more reliable job.
- I dressed as a teacher for career day in the second grade, so I guess even though I went through stages of wanting to be different things; I always came back to it.
- Blake and I ask each other all the time how we had such a cute baby. Ha! He far surpasses anything we expected (in both looks and personality)! Ha!
- I hit snooze for 30 minutes to an hour every morning…oops! It drives Blake insane but I keep trying to tell him it’s how I wake up…I want to do better, I just can’t.
![]() |
| I so need to try this |
10. I could sit around and watch Lifetime movies all day.
11. Blake and I first went on a date when I was in high school and he was in college, and I was too shy to talk on the date. He told me I was shady, and we never went out again! Five years later we met again and we’ve been going strong ever since!
And here are Callie’s questions for me…
- If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'm really not a music person so I really could care less.
2. If you were a teacher, what subject would you teach?
I am a teacher and I teach all subjects. I
think sometimes I would like to teach language arts in maybe middle or high
school. And sometimes I just plain wonder what I was thinking when I chose this
career! Ha!
3. What is your favorite verse and/or quote?
3. What is your favorite verse and/or quote?
Unfortunately I am a worrier about
all things so I always try to keep this close by…
Therefore do not worry about
tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of
its own. Matthew 6:34
And for this season of my life I love this…
4. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because most of my best friends live far away from us,
and I thought it would be a good way for them to keep up with us. I also wanted
to have a place to record our special family memories.
5. What is one book you think everyone should read (besides the Bible, because that's a given)?
5. What is one book you think everyone should read (besides the Bible, because that's a given)?
Redeeming Love by Francine
Rivers. I’ve now read it twice. It’s so good and takes a biblical story and
writes it in a modern context. Oh and it’s a love story!
6. Favorite drink to get at Starbucks?
6. Favorite drink to get at Starbucks?
Tall
Non-fat Café Mocha
7. Would you rather it snow or rain?
7. Would you rather it snow or rain?
I
would much rather have snow (at least this time of year) because if it’s bad
enough, I get a snow day!!
8. Advice that your mom gave you that you never forgot?
8. Advice that your mom gave you that you never forgot?
Well
my mom is a pretty good advice giver, but I always remember her telling me to
never write anything down that you don’t want someone else to see or know.
Teens today need someone to tell them that! Ha! Especially with all the social
media sites!
9. Most read website or blog (besides mine, of course . . . *wink, wink*)?
Websites- Pinterest, Facebook, Blogger
Blogs- I read too many to name! Most of my favs are listed on my right
side bar.
10. One thing you would tell your 13 year old self (got this idea from Jessica)?
10. One thing you would tell your 13 year old self (got this idea from Jessica)?
I was chubby, self-conscious 13 year old, so I would tell myself to not
worry about how you look, and what others say about you. You are a daughter of
the King, and true beauty lies within. Hang in there and know you be blessed
with a life you always prayed for.
11. What do you hope people will say about you after you die?
11. What do you hope people will say about you after you die?
I hope people will say that I
was a devoted, Godly wife, and a wonderful mother who knew how to make her
children feel loved.
My questions for the tagged…
- If you could visit any place in the world where would you go?
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure? (That you want to share!)
- What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
- How many babies do you hope to have?
- What is your all time favorite movie?
- What is your go to fashion item?
- What is your decorating style for your home?
- How did you meet your husband or boyfriend?
- What would be your dream job?
- What is your go to quick meal for dinners?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
I’m tagging
I tried to tag some that hadn't been tagged yet, or haven't answered questions yet that I saw!
The rules…
Write 11 Random facts about yourself, answer my 11
questions, and make up 11 questions of your own and tag others to answer…
Have fun!




3 comments:
Great answers. I like reading these & learning new things about people. Thanks for tagging me!
great list. I love your number 9. We were the same way. I wanted 3 and he wanted two...looks like we solved that when we got pregnant with twins! 3 it is!
Fun. I can't wait to play along. Thanks for the tag!
Fun post! Loved learning more about you :)
Matthew 6:34 is one of my favorite verses too :)
Post a Comment