So you may remember last year around this time when we laid hardwood floors throughout our main floor. You may also remember that we were supposed to lay tile then too. Well in true Shamblin fashion, we procrastinated horribly and its taken us almost exactly a year to hire someone to do it! Can I blame it on the busy year we've had?
Last Monday when I went to work, I left a kitchen that looked like this...
Let me just say that I have never loved our kitchen, but I have especially hated that hideous linoleum flooring. (And can I add that our home was built in 2006, was that even really popular then?)
SO you can imagine my delight when I came home from work on Monday to beautiful new tile and again on Tuesday to beautiful new tile that was grouted and all...
I absolutely cannot get over the difference the tile alone makes in our tiny little kitchen.
So the only bad thing about the new tile is now everything else that needs updated stands out...I'm thinking that our next upgrade will be new counter tops and a new back splash. Also what are your thoughts on painting the cabinets white? Really I like dark wood cabinets but let's be honest...new cabinets are out of the question. Tips, thoughts, suggestions?
We also laid tile in all three of our bathrooms, and in the laundry and storage closets. I think the hallway bathroom is my favorite with our current shower curtain and decor.







4 comments:
I love the tile! It looks so great!! We are thinking of putting hardwood in our kitchen but I don't know! I think YES on white cabinets! I just told B the other day that when we move I want a white and teal kitchen!! :)
Your floor looks great!!
It looks so great! We put down new hardwood last year thtpat didnt match our kitchen cabinets so we had them painted/stained white and they look so good. It was a huge facelift for the kitchen!
LOOKS GREAT!! We had white cabinets in our old house and I loved it, they did show dust and such sooner but they were cute.
Post a Comment