Wednesday, February 22, 2012

9 months...


My sweet Walker,
   You are officially nine months old as of Feb. 12. I know every month I say I can’t get over how you have grown, so this month of course is no different! Oh my stars are you changing!! I still can’t get over how fast babies learn new things and how different it makes your little world. So let’s see how you are doing this month…
I think this is the sweetest little picture of you sweet boy!

   You went to the doctor on Tuesday and Dr. G. went on and on about what a good baby he could tell you are. (Makin’ momma so proud!) You are still a chunk of lead my sweet boy. You officially weigh 21 lbs 10 oz (60th %tile) (you have more than tripled your birth weight), you are 29 ¼ inches long (75th%tile), and your pumpkin head is 18 ¼ (80th%tile). I saw a new born little guy in the waiting room and it was so hard to remember you as a tiny new born. You had a great report at the doctor and did not have to get any shots! Woohoo! Dr. G. did put you on an allergy medicine to take at night. You’ve had a little cold for the last few weeks and he thinks it could be allergy related given Daddy’s allergy issues. So while you have been fighting a little cold off and on, you are such a healthy baby. We’ve made it 9 whole months without anything more than a runny nose! (Now that being said, don’t you go getting sick on me! I figure that we are due for it at about any time!)
You've been fighting a little cold that is making your little cheeks red.

   I’ve been packing away clothes that are getting either too short or too tight on you over the last few weeks. You wear 12-18 months clothes the best with a few random sizes thrown in the mix. There are some 9 month pieces that still fit, and today you have on an 18 month old t-shirt that fits perfectly. I’m not ready for you to move to 18 months size yet, so if you wanna slow your grow over the next few months, I’ll be totally fine with that! You wear a size 4 diaper.     
    Oh sleep, humm let’s see. Most nights you do amazing and sleep all night. You usually wake up between 6:30 and 7:00 each morning. Occasionally you will wake up throughout the night, but often you can put yourself back to sleep. You haven’t been in Mommy and Daddy’s bed for awhile, because you have become quite the little mover in your sleep. I think it’s because of the runny nose. You usually take one good nap a day, and then take a shorter nap in the evenings when we get home. I usually hold you during this nap and I love that special cuddle time.
   You love to eat. You eat three meals a day and have four bottles. You are getting so good at feeding yourself things like puffs and yogurt melts. You are still eating your baby food, but you also want everything that’s on our plates. Since your doctor’s appointment we have been trying you out on Stage 3 baby food and you aren’t loving it. I think you just want the real stuff at this point. We usually let you try what we are eating, and you always love it and want more. I want you be a good little eater as you grow up, so hopefully we are on the right track!
   This month you have reached some major milestones. You got your first two teeth this month! I love seeing your new little smile. Teething wasn’t a huge problem for you. Both teeth popped through after an extremely long nap on different days. So funny! I don’t see anything else getting close in there so you may be a two teeth wonder for a bit. You also are officially on the move. You started crawling about two weeks ago. At first you were a little unsteady, and unsure. You would only crawl about four steps then freak out. Now my buddy, you are E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. and of course you are attracted to all non-kid friendly things. We have had to do some rearranging but you still manage to get into things. Your favorite things to get into are Daddy’s sock drawer in our night stand, and our TV stand to pull out DVDs. I guess neither of those will hurt you so it’s ok. You are also very skilled at pulling up on everything in sight. You’ve taken some pretty tough spills in the process but I don’t know how to stop you without just holding you all day long! I predict that you will most likely be walking by your first birthday. You would so much rather be on your feet.
   I still haven’t seen a single ounce of stranger anxiety from you. You reach for everyone, and smile the whole time. Dr. G. said a lot of times it starts around this age, so I’ll be interested to see how you do in the future. You love your cousins and Nana and Poppy. You give them the biggest smiles when you see them. You also love Mrs. Lisa and it makes mommy feel so good to know you are happy when I am away. 
Our happy little guy!

   You are a ball full of energy, Walker Man! Daddy and I love you so much and we just can’t even express how full our hearts feel since you’ve been born! We love you and can’t wait to see your little life unfold!

And to prove you are constantly busy these days, I am including some 9 month photo outtakes! 
 

5 comments:

Joeylee said...

Such a cutie. Happy 9 months Walker

Blissfully Burton said...

aww! :)

Lyndsey said...

Happy 9 months, Walker! He is sooo busy - I bet you are tired! I know the feeling!

Tami said...

Isn't it so funny how they want to play with everything that they are NOT supposed to play with? He is such a cutie pie! I know arranged marriages aren't really in these days but I know a really cute and sweet blue eyed girl... :)

AbbyS. said...

PULLING UP AND TABLE FOOD ALREADY!!
Ohmyword. Mine will be there soon enough. I can't believe it. It happens SOOOOOO FAST!
He sure is a cutie!