Monday, April 30, 2012

11 months...

Oh sweet Walker,
   I'm not even sure how it is possible that I am writing your 11 month post and how in just a few weeks you will have been with Daddy and I for a whole year!! We cannot imagine our lives without you here, and I honestly don't know how I made it 27 years without your sweet presence in my life! You change by the day so there are definitely some new things to share.

  You have been sleeping good some nights, and waking up other nights. I blame it on teething! Now if you wake up in the middle of the night or even when you wake in the mornings, you are usually standing up in your crib by the time I can get to you. Last night Daddy and I went in your room to check on you before we went to bed and my heart felt so full looking at you all snuggled in your bed. You look so huge in your crib these days that I just can't get over how fast you have gone from an itty bitty newborn to a baby on the verge of being a toddler.
  You have continued to grow and I think you are around 23-24 pounds. Now you can stand on the scale by yourself and it will actually read your weight! Before you were just too little for it to register. I measured you on your growth chart this month for the first time since October and I couldn't get over how much taller you are. I can't remember the exact measurement though. You are wearing 12-18 and 18-24 month clothing and a size 4 diaper. You wear a size 4 shoe.

  You are a very busy little guy these days too. Daddy and I can hardly keep up with you sometimes. You have become a master crawler and are extremely fast. You love for us to chase after you when you are headed somewhere you're not supposed to go! You actually took about 8 steps on Easter and have been testing out walking here and there since. Some days however, you are just not interested. I guess you will do it on your own time, although playing outside would be 100 times more fun if you could walk! You love to push the limits and have taken to laughing when you are told "no no"! You love the stairs and love to eat toilet paper. You still pull out all the movies in the TV stand and are starting to figure out how cabinets open. At any given time you have your toys strung all over the house, and I know it will only get worse as you get older!
  You LOVE food.  You still eat your baby food during the day but have been trying big people food at dinner. You often get frustrated when we try to feed you and pout until we give you the spoon. You like eating finger foods the best. You have recently tried tomatoes, Yogurt Mountain yogurt, real spaghetti and pork tenderloin. I hope by feeding you what we eat now will help to shape you into a good little eater when you are big. You still take 3 bottles but I'm trying to figure out the best way to wean you off of those so we can quit the bottle at 12 months.

  You have become very vocal in the last week or so. You say bye bye, ball, no, baba (bottle) and dada with meaning. I can't figure out if you really associate momma with me completely. You also say nana, yuck, and lots of random sounds. You have recently really started to try to repeat what I say.
  You love to be around people and are still very social, although lately you sometimes want to cling to momma. You love all of your grandparents and give them the biggest smiles when you see them. You love being around your cousins too. Evie is your little buddy, and you also love your Ella. She is so good with you! I'm sure she will make a great babysitter someday! We also got some very exciting news a few weeks ago from your Uncle Ryan and Aunt Brooke. Their little one on the way is a BOY!! Woohoo! We love our girls but we are all so excited that you will finally have a boy cousin on Mommy's side and will have someone to dig for bugs and play ball with when the girls go do girly stuff!
Walker you continue to fill our hearts and we could not be more thankful for the huge blessing you are in our family! We love you baby boy!

1 comment:

Joeylee said...

Happy 11 months Walker.
He is getting so big & is so adorable!!!