Sunday, April 1, 2012

10.5ish and counting...

  Oh my, sweet Walker, you are now 10.5 months old (and a little extra). You my dear, are a very busy, happy little one. In fact you are so busy that you weren't really interested in having your 10 month pictures taken.  Every single day you've grown more and more independent. Daddy and I are so proud to call you ours. We can't get over how fast you are growing, but we love you more and more with each new stage you are in.

  This month you have been sleeping like a little champ. You go to bed most nights around 8 and wake up at about 7 in the morning. Its been a long time since you have gotten in our bed with us. You also wake up with the cutest bed head. Most mornings I don't even fix it because I think its too darn cute! You are also a little napping all-star! You've been taking one long nap in the afternoons. You will sleep on most days between 2-3 hours but it's not unheard of for you to take a 4 hour nap. Every now and then you will take a little cat nap in the evenings when we get home.
   You are getting so big. I don't know how much you officially weigh, but I guess somewhere around 24 pounds. You wear 12-18 months clothes and I've been phasing in some 18-24 through your new spring clothes. Some are a little big but I want your spring clothes to last you through summer. You wear a size 4 diaper.

   You are such a fast little crawler these days. You can officially get anywhere you want, which sometimes causes you to get into trouble! You've been pulling up and cruising around the furniture for a while now but you are getting braver by the day. You will now let go and can stand on you own for kind of a long time. This started out as a game with momma. Now when you stand on your own, you are so proud and laugh like a little madman! You have really good balance but haven't yet figured out how to take off walking. You've taken a step here and there but nothing consistent. If you hold someone's hands while walking, you pretty much want to run. I imagine it will only be a matter of time before everything clicks and you take off.
  This month you've been trying a lot more table food too. You still eat your baby food, but love to try what we are eating. I think your favorite thing you have tried was Cold Stone ice cream! (I can't blame you!) You literally were screaming for another bite and diving for the little bowl to feed your self. It was too funny! You also really like black beans. So far there really hasn't been a single thing you've tried that you haven't liked. I hope you will always be a good little eater!
  You still only have two teeth. Your top left tooth is coming in but it just hasn't broken through yet. I think I can see a few more that will probably be coming in soon too.

  You have continued to have the best little personality. Everywhere we go people comment on how good you are and how handsome you are. You have all the ladies swooning over your beautiful baby blue eyes. (Making momma so proud!)  You are so content and fun. You are very rarely fussy. You love to play and of course love to play  with non-toy items. You love pulling the movies out of our tv stand. You also love water bottles, tv remotes, and cell phones. You favorite real toys right now are your little dinosaur walker, and your dragon ball popper.
  You are a little chatter box these days. You say momma, dada, bye bye, nana and ball regularly. I know for sure bye bye and ball are used correctly in context. I think you are figuring out momma and dada though. I love listening to you use your little baby language. I really need to start working on some signs with you too.

Walker you are such a little lover, and we could not have been blessed with a more perfect little angel boy. We love you so much little buddy and we can't believe you are so quickly approaching your first birthday. Love you to the moon and back and back and back.

3 comments:

Megan said...

So I have been slacking on blogging and blog reading and oh my he has gotten so big!!!! He is adorable!! I love all his hair!!

Joeylee said...

He is getting so big. He is such a cutie!!!

mariel said...

he looks like such a little man now! what a cutie!