Monday, January 3, 2011

Introducing...

Today I had our little guy's anatomy scan. Everything checked out great with Baby S. He was a little wiggle worm though and it took the ultrasound tech a little while to get all of the shots that she needed. All I can say is that I am so amazed at what you can see on those things, from his little heart beating to every bone in his spine...AMAZING!! When I saw his little hand I couldn't help getting teary-eyed thinking about what it will be like to have his little fingers wrapped around mine! I do have to have another scan at 28 weeks though. She said that I have a low laying placenta and they need to make sure it corrects itself as my uterus expands. Worst case scenario is if it doesn't fix itself, I would have to have a c-section. Please say some prayers that this isn't something that I will have to worry about later on in my pregnancy!!

So with another good report...



I'm thinking it's time for you to officially meet our sweet boy!






We are so excited about his name. (If you aren't, we don't want to hear it!)
Here's where the name comes from...

The name Walker has special meaning for both Blake and me.
Walker is my maiden name and Walker was also Blake's grandmother's maiden name. (No, we aren't related! ) Since I have always been so close to my family and Blake's grandma passed away this past May, we felt that this was a name that would have a special meaning
and honor both of our families.


Note: The school teacher in me also liked the name because it's not too common for a first name, and
I think it is unlikely there will be 5 other little Walker's in his kindergarten class. :)



So where did the middle name come from...

Blake always has liked the name Paul.


My first love is named Paul.
My dad actually goes by his middle name, but when I think of what a wonderful example and role model my dad has been in my life, I couldn't imagine a better name for a little boy!


4 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

Love the name! I always wondered if you'd use your maiden name!

The Captain's Wife said...

I love reading your blog AND I LOVE the name! Absolutely perfect!!

Jamie said...

I love his name! Family names are the best :)

Brooke said...

I love the name Ashley! I always get teary eyed at the ultrasounds and hearing the heartbeat! Oh, the joys of being a mommy!! :)