Thursday, January 13, 2011

Half Way to Baby

So yesterday marked the halfway point in my pregnancy! I honestly cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is going by. I feel like little Walker will be here before I know it! I cannot wait!




So here we are and here's what going on...

(The side face profile is never really flattering, especially when pregnant!)

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 20 weeks 1 day

Size and development of baby: Walker is the length of a banana and about 11 oz. Walker's little taste buds are developing, and he is beginning to swallow. He is sleeping for about 12 to 14 hours a day. His legs and arms are finally in proportion with the rest of his little body.

Maternity Clothes: I'm pretty much wearing all maternity pants, and shirts vary. My sister gave me several fitted t-shirts and I've been wearing those some but I'm mostly wearing my regular tops.

Gender: In case you didn't hear...it's a boy, Walker Paul Shamblin

Movement: This baby has been moving so much more for the past few days. I love it, and I feel comforted with each little kick!

Sleep: I'm having trouble remembering to sleep on my left side. I'm a stomach sleeper so this is all a major adjustment! I also don't think I've slept all night without waking up since I was about 6 weeks pregnant! Guess I better get used to that!

What I miss: My old weight on the scales! I'm finally getting over the fact that gaining weight is a good thing. Ha!

Cravings: Oranges

Symptoms: Just tired no matter how much I sleep.

Best moment this week: The look on Blake's face when he gets to feel the baby kick! He's only felt it twice because everytime he puts his hand on my belly, Walker quits moving. His expression was priceless both times!

In other baby news: We've been busy cleaning out the future nursery, baby furniture has been ordered and will hopefully be shipped tomorrow. The bedding has also been ordered. I can't wait to share it all with you. I'm going to wait to share all that until it's finished, but I will say that I had orignially picked out a more sophisticated bedding from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child that I loved. However, one day when I was out shopping with my mom I found something more adorable and fun that I'm going with. My thoughts on this are this baby is only going to be little for a while and I have his whole life to do something more sophistcated in his room. I can't wait to get started on everything! Blake had to schedule his vacation weeks today and it was so weird making sure to schedule his weeks with Walker in mind!

No comments: