Blake and his friends worked especially hard this weekend on our floors! We are so thankful for these guys and the time they spent working on our home. A huge thank you to our friend Jason C. who has spent the last four days working for hours on our floor! You're the best and we can not say thank you enough. Also thank you to his wife, Natalie for letting us borrow him! I'll post pictures later so you can see the whole process. They completed our dining area, hallway, and most of the living room (just finishing up the edges), and it looks absolutely beautiful!
While the guys were working on the floor, I spent some time with my mom on Saturday. We walked and then spent some time talking and browsing the web for stuff for Walker. We ended up buying him his coming home outfit. We didn't do anything too fancy, because I kept thinking that there won't even be a whole lot of people seeing him anyways! So we ordered this from rh baby & child...


We got the onsie monogrammed with his initials and the blanket will have his name on it.
I'm looking for something a little more dressy/special to take him to church for the first time. I found several things I really like but they were pricey, and I definitely will not be paying $90 for an outfit my baby will only wear once!
Question:
Last week we had a couple of warm days and my feet started to swell :( I'm thinking that I need to reduce the sodium in my diet to help with water retention, because I feel like it's a little early to already be fighting this. However, when looking at food labels everything is loaded down with sodium except for veggies and fruit. Thankfully I love both, but realistically I can't only eat fruits and veggies. Does anyone have any suggestions for other meals that are low in sodium? I'm sure I can manage dinner since I can actually spend time making it, but what about lunch? Preggos aren't supposed to eat lunch meat so I was already having a hard time coming up with stuff that is quick in my 25 minute lunch break. Also if you know any other tricks to help with swelling, I would so appreciate it!


1 comment:
I had really bad swelling with Harrison (and knock on wood, it has been better this time around) and I found a couple things that helped a little. Watermelon is a natural diuretic and obviously low sodium helps. I made (and still do) a lot of chicken salad. When you make it, you can control how much sodium goes in and there is no lunch meat. I like to add walnuts and grapes :) Also, get off your feet when you can!! Take advantage of the quiet time and rest all you can. Hope you are feeling good. Can't wait to see pictures of Walker!
Post a Comment