Tuesday, November 22, 2011

6 months (6 1/2 months actually)...


Walker Paul, you are six months old. I’m a little late on your monthly post this time but that is because you have been keeping us super busy! Everyday I am amazed at how you change and develop. Daddy and I find you absolutely fascinating, and we cannot get enough of you.

At your six month check up you proved to be quite the chunky monkey. (At your four month check up you had dropped considerably on the growth percentile charts, so it was pretty important for you to show steady growth this time.) Well my child, you did not disappoint! You weighed in at a whopping 18 lbs and 4 oz (75%tile). You are 27 ¾ inches long (90%tile), and your head measurement was 17 ½ (75%tile). Dr. G thought you looked absolutely perfect. Everyone at the doctor’s office went on and on about your sweet little personality.

This month you are wearing size 6-12 months or 9 months clothes. I love dressing you up like a little man, and I love all your cute little boy clothes. You are wearing size 3 diapers.  

You now sleep on your belly and have been doing pretty good most nights. Sometimes if you wake up too early, daddy and I put you in bed with us. We love cuddling with you and we can all usually get a little more sleep. You go to bed between 7:30-8:30. You take two naps a day and sometimes take a little nap when we’re cuddling in the evenings.

You’re personality is the most precious little thing I’ve ever seen. You smile at everyone, and will go to anyone. You have recently started babbling up a storm and it is hilarious. I definitely think you will say DaDa soon.  I can’t lie, I’m going to be a little jealous! But you reached for mommy first, so it’s all good! You also love to take your paci in and out of your mouth making a popping sound.  You think Daddy is so funny and he can usually always get you to laugh. You especially laugh when he kisses your neck. You are so ticklish. Another sure fire way to get you to laugh is by smelling your feet and telling you how stinky they are, such a typical boy (and I might add that your feet really don’t smell)! You also love, love, love your big cousin Ella. You must think she’s so funny because you are always laughing at her. I also love watching you with your cousin Evie. She is only 8 months older than you and you guys are really starting to notice each other. She loves to give you your paci and just this week she wanted to hug you again and again. I hope you two grow up to be best friends!

You are sort of mobile these days. You roll all over the place and can get to what you want. You are sitting up a little better but still aren’t stable enough to leave unattended. I think part of the reason you aren’t sitting better is because you only want to stand. You love your jumperoo and now you love to jump even when you aren’t in it. We had family pictures taken last weekend and we could hardly get you to keep your feet still in them. I think you will be a very busy boy!

I’m making your baby food now, and you’ve had all kinds of delicious vegetables and fruit. To make sure you aren’t allergic to anything, you are still only trying one new food at a time for four days in a row. You have a breakfast of oatmeal plain or mixed with fruit and you have a vegetable at dinner time. I think I may add a lunch meal in soon. You also have four or five 6 oz bottles every day.

You bring us so much joy, Walker, and we have no clue how we ever managed to live without you. You are our most special blessing. 

2 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

So cute! Love your new family picture!

Tami said...

Emerson is the exact same way when it comes to sitting. I know she can do it but she would much rather stand. Happy 6 1/2 months to Walker. He gets cuter by the day and I love you family picture in your header. Y'all are such a beautiful family!