Monday, November 7, 2011

My WorldVision Birthday Gift


Blake gave me an early birthday present tonight; the gift of sponsoring a sweet little child, Edwin from Nicaragua through WorldVision. This little guy shares a birthday with my own precious Walker but is one year older. He also is growing up in a home with his mom and sister, just like Blake did. I don't about sharing his picture so I'll hold off on that. He is adorable though, and it breaks my heart to think of a boy very similar to my own living a life that we can't even comprehend. We first heard about WorldVision at a Casting Crowns concert over a year and a half ago, so this is something we've talked about for a long time and I'm so happy we are finally sponsoring a child who truly needs our help! When Blake gave me the picture and info we both got a little teary eyed and honestly I'm a little sad that we've waited so long to make this decision. Maybe you should check it out!


Today I am thankful for the opportunity to help provide for a child in need.

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

I love this! We have been thinking about sponsoring a child with Brian's "raise" money. I will have to check in to this World Vision. What a selfless thing to do for your birthday!