Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Life Lately...


Things have been crazy around here so here is a much needed long over due update.This is like the fifth time I've attempted this post this week because my computer is being ridiculous!

1. I mentioned in my Halloween post that Blake has mono. He's been feeling a little better lately but it's been a really hard month on us all. He's still been working and has been exhausted when he comes home so that has left me with Walker pretty much on my own. I think he's starting to feel better so hopefully he's on the mend!


2. I celebrated my 28th birthday last Tuesday (the 8th). We had a low key celebration at my parent's house. I was a little spoiled this year. Blake got me a new kitchen table. I've been begging for one for like 3 years so I think he finally got tired of hearing me and caved! My mom got me a Cricut. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but can't wait to get my craft on!

3. The table Blake got me came today and while we were putting it together I discovered mold under the table top! Talk about disgusted! It makes me so mad that we live in a country where things don't come cheap but come with problems like this. (For the record this is the second piece of brand new furniture we've bought this year that we've found mold on, and both pieces were from different but reputable companies. Check your pieces carefully people. I think it must have something to do with being shipped from overseas.) I guess being kind of anal particular has paid off. Needless to say, the company will be replacing the table.

4. My sweet boy has been 6 months old for almost a week and I haven’t done his monthly post! Such a bad mommy blogger!

5. I cannot wait to get our Christmas stuff out! Blake told me this evening that he was so glad I was waiting until after Thanksgiving to put every thing out.  (Apparently I forgot to tell him about our weekend plans!)
Our first Christmas Tree

6. I still want to lose ten pounds of my baby weight. It’s so hard when you are the only one in your house dieting. It’s the time between lunch and dinner that kills me! How do you other working mommies find time to exercise? We’ve talked about purchasing 10 minute trainer. Thoughts? Any other tips?

7. I got my hair chopped last week. It was long over due but I love it! This is the look I was going for…

8. Next week can’t come soon enough. I get to be home with my buddy for five straight days!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your hubs has been sick. I can't imagine how hard that has been on y'all. Happy Belated Birthday to you. Walker is getting so big. It's hard to believe our babies are 6 months old already, isn't it? Enjoy your time off with your sweet boy!