Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Rewind


I can’t believe that today is the last day of 2011. Looking back over this past year, I think Blake and I can both say that it has been the best year of our lives.

In January…

I reached the half way point in my pregnancy and got some much needed rest with tons of snow days! We also started planning Walker’s nursery!



In February…

We visited with my besties from college.


We also started our wood floors which ended up being a major undertaking with fabulous results!



In March…

We saw our sweet boys face for the first time in our 4D ultrasound.

We also were showered with love at Walker’s baby shower.


In April…

I got a new teaching job for the next school year at my former elementary school.


Blake and I celebrated 5 years together.

My sister captured my pregnancy in beautiful maternity photos.


In May…

Our lives were changed forever when we welcomed Walker Paul Shamblin into the world on May 12, 2011.


We settled in as a new family of 3!


In June…

We took our boy to church for the first time.


Blake celebrated his first Father’s Day!


In July…

Walker and I headed to the beach with my parents for a long weekend. 


We continued to love on our sweet growing boy.


In August…

I had to head back to work and we had some major changes with our daily schedule. It took a while to adjust but we all made it ok!


In September…

Blake and I celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary.


In October…

We took a family trip to the pumpkin patch.

We loved on our little pumpkin.

Walker celebrated his first Halloween as a scary adorable monster.

In November…

I celebrated my 28th birthday.

Walker had his 6th month birthday.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We had beautiful family photos taken.

In December…

Blake celebrated the big 3-0.

We went to many Christmas parties.

We celebrated our first Christmas with our precious boy.

We have been so blessed this year and have experienced so much joy. We know that nothing in our lives is possible with out our Heavenly Father. We have humble hearts and are so thankful as this year comes to an end. We definitely do not know what the future holds, but we definitely know who holds our future!
Happy New Year from our little family to yours!

3 comments:

Joeylee said...

What a great year. My daughters birthday is may 13,09. Walker is such a cutie!!

Amanda said...

My name is Amanda and I read your blog from my friend Lyndsay Lofland's blog. My daughter is 8 days younger than Walker so it's fun to see them learning the same things at the same time. Happy New Year!

Jamie said...

What a wonderful year you've had! Hope 2012 is just as great :)