Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fish Tacos with a kick!

After doing some major blog reading while on summer vacation, I decided I need to majorly step-up my routine of blogging. I always have things I want to share on here, but I never take the time. Here goes...

When we first got married I tried a new recipe practically every night. I love cooking, but lately we've be in a rut and have the same old meals all the time. However, at Hilton Head I tried some really yummy fish tacos and decided to try to make some tonight. I didn't use a recipe, I just used some spices I had and decided to see how it went, and let me say...THEY WERE DELICIOUS!! If your ever looking for a taste explosion...you can't go wrong with this!

Ingredients:
MahiMahi fish fillets. (I bought the frozen Kroger brand that comes with two good sized fillets)
Regular bread crumbs
Creole Seasoning
Packaged broccoli slaw (it's with the bags of salad)
tomato
sour cream
lime juice
egg
Tortilla shells (I used the light flatouts and cut them in half. I like these because they are high in fiber and low in calories compared to other tortillas.)
Olive oil

Directions:
Thaw and rinse fish. Dip fish in egg and roll in mixture of bread crumbs and creole seasoning. (I did not measure either one, just guesstimated. We like hot/spicy food so I used sort of a lot of creole seasoning.) In hot skillet pour olive oil. When olive oil is hot place breaded fish fillets and fry until thoroughly cooked.

Take sour cream and mix with lime juice, and creole seasoning. Again I did not measure, just kept tasting until I thought it was yummy!

After heating up the flatouts, I cut them in half and topped with fish (which I cut up a little), a little broccoli slaw, tomato, and sour cream mixture.Please note that this is not a picture of my actual cooking...but your fish tacos should look similar! When the food is ready in the Shamblin house...there isn't time to take pictures!

We had rice with this meal and like I said before...It was delicious!


I know this recipe isn't clear cut on measurements, but many of the best meals made in my kitchen have been made on a whim...like the fish tacos!

No comments: