Thursday, March 17, 2011

29 weeks!

First off let me say that being 29 weeks pregnant is a whole lot more fun with the weather being so nice! Thank you Jesus for this beautiful day!



Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 29 weeks

Size and development of baby:Walker is the size of a butternut squash weighing in at about 3 lbs and 17 inches long! His little brain is starting to get grooves and indentations. These grooves allow an increased amount of brain tissue and will hopefully help to make my little buddy very smart one day! His bone marrow is starting to produce the red blood cells, and he is shedding his "furry coat" of lanugo, which has helped to regulate his body temps. An increased amount of body fat and brain tissue will now help control the body temperature! (It's amazing to me how much babies grow and develop from week to week!)
Maternity Clothes: Still in maternity pants, and squeezing into a few regular shirts. Maternity clothes are definitely more comfy! I also found a very cute dress for my shower!

Gender: Baby Boy!
Movement: All.the.time. I've really noticed an increase in Walker's movements after I eat! (My friend's mom makes very yummy cupcakes and she brought some in to work today. Let's just say that Walker was lovin' the orange dreamsicle cupcake!) I have also started feeling him move up into my ribs. It is so painful and there isn't a thing I can do that makes him move! I usually just have to lay down!

Sleep: Still sleeping like a rock minus a few bathroom breaks through the night. Thankfully I have no trouble falling back to sleep.

What I Miss: Being able to move and bend with ease!

Cravings: fruit and cereal (particularly Cinnamon Chex, yum!)

Symptoms: Still fighting the sciatic nerve pain, and a few times this week I felt like my nausea was coming back! I hope it was a fluke!

Best Moment this week: Getting to see my little buddy in 4D! I can't get over how amazing technology is!
In other baby news: The nursery is progressing, and I have my baby shower next weekend! This pregnancy is flying by! Counting down the days to my precious baby boy!! I'm also thinking of writing a blog of all the rude things people say to pregnant women. Sometime I want to be like, "Really, do you have any manners!?" But honestly I don't even think people realize how rude they can be!