Friday, March 4, 2011

Self-Diagnosed...

One thing I've learned about being pregnant is do not Google any of your symptoms.
All answers point to the worst case scenario...
However, this morning I have self-diagnosed myself with a mild to severe case (I say severe because it seems to keep getting worse daily.) of....

PREGNANCY BRAIN!!

Even the most simple of daily tasks have become confusing and even difficult. Here are some examples of my forgetfulness that I've noticed lately...

1. When taking my students to PE (they have PE in a different building) I could not for the life of me remember my pass code to get back into the school. Keep in mind I've only had this code for three years and have had to use it daily. Ha!

2. This past weekend when I was writing "Thank You" notes for the gifts at my school shower, I could not remember how to spell anything. I kept asking Blake, "How do you spell..." I mean seriously, how hard is it to spell diaper or outfit?!

3. All week I have been forgetting to submit my attendance and lunch count on the computer and our poor attendance clerk has been so patient with me! Again, this is something that I have to do everyday...why can't I remember to do it?

4. This morning was the icing on the cake...I got up, took a shower, started getting ready only to realize that when taking my shower I totally forgot to wash my hair! Ha! At this point my make-up was done, and there wasn't time to wash. OK, since I began taking showers on my own as a child I have the same routine every time... Wash hair, wash body, wash face. This should not be something I forget to do! Good thing I finally got to purchase this at Wal-mart yesterday...I can't decide if it works by the way...

5. This morning as I was rushing out the door, I grabbed my camera instead of my phone! I may not be able to reach anyone all day, but I can sure capture every moment with my camera! Ha! I hate being phoneless. It makes me feel so insecure!


I'm hoping that this all might be worsened by the fact that my house is in a complete state of disarray right now...


This is what is also known as our living room..


I confess, I am not a totally organized person, however, this is enough to make even me slightly crazy, hence all of the above! Also in case you didn't know, we are in the process of laying hardwood floors so everything had to be moved out of one of the bedrooms and this is where it ended up! Oh well, the floors are looking beautiful and it is so worth it. I just hope this is the true cause of my crazy brain!!

No comments: