Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lucky Day...

I spent the morning at my 28 week doctor's appointment at which I had my glucose test, and a rhogam shot...neither of which were fun. I did however get extremely lucky at this appointment! Today I had to have a follow-up ultrasound to check to make sure my placenta had "moved" away from the cervix. (It did by the way.) Well lucky me, the day of my ultrasound, the office had just received a brand new sonogram machine. (When I say just received I mean literally, I rode up the elevator with the thing!) The lady from GE was there showing the techs how to use some of the new features! While they learned how to use the machine, I got to view my little guy for about 20 minutes!! As if that weren't exciting enough, they "played" with many of the features using the 3D/4D wand!!

We hadn't quite decided if we actually wanted to schedule and pay for a 4D ultrasound, but given the chance I was so excited! Walker cooperated perfectly and I got some great shots of his little face! Note: I keep saying I got to see Walker and not We. Poor Blake had someone riding along with him today and couldn't make the appointment! :( I did feel slightly guilty seeing our baby by myself but I called Blake immediately after and met up with him so he could see our little boy before anyone else!

I got a whole bunch of pictures but again my printer is not hooked up so I have to share a picture of a picture that I took with my camera. It's not quite as clear, but you can still get the idea.


I am completely in love!

I've really been overwhelmed with joy seeing these pictures today. I think in my mind I know I'm going to have a baby, I've heard is heartbeat, seen his blurry little profile via ultrasound, and get to feel his kicks multiple times a day, however THIS TO ME MAKES IT MORE REAL THAN EVER!! I have no clue who he looks like but look at that sweet face and those little lips! I can't wait to kiss that little face right off!

I also have been holding back from buying a whole lot for Walker. I've just picked up a few random things here and there. Today, however, I went on a little on-line shopping spree at Gymboree. I'm going to tell Blake it is a celebration present for getting to see our cute little guy today! Ha!

Blake and I are so thankful for this little blessing. God is so good, and I know that we don't praise him nearly enough for this gift we are being given. Thank you Jesus for the gift we are about to receive!!


2 comments:

Brooke said...

How fun! You are going to fall even more in love with him the moment you lay eyes on him! So excited for you guys!

Stephanie said...

You lucky girl, you! How fun - he is adorable!!