Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ready for Walker...Nursery Completed!

Creating a space for our little man has definitely been a work in progress. I started off wanting to create a very serene room that screamed tiny baby. Once we found out we were having a boy, I started browsing around and decided to go with something that would grow with Walker, and would be a little more kid friendly. After all, he really won't be an infant for that long and I wanted to put money into something that would last more than a year or so. 
So here is what we started with...

An empty room filled with junk!


And here is Walker's room with all the finishing touches!
We will use the bassinet in the corner in our bedroom when Walker comes home. I'm also still not sure if I want to leave the top of the chest and shelves exactly like this but this will do for now!

I love our glider and I am so happy with our choice of furniture.
I'm so glad that we decided to put down hardwoods in here too. I was totally fine with carpet but Blake said we needed to just go ahead and put in wood floors. What a difference it made.

And some close ups of the details.


We so anxious to receive the finishing touch in the nursery...
our beautiful little boy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Nursery looks beautiful; great job!!

Hey, did you get my email a few weeks back about your featured Mama post? LMK; thanks!

Rebekah said...

Your nursery is super cute! You guys did a good job!