On Thursday, May 12 our little buddy decided to show his sweet face three weeks early.
I had my 37 week appointment on Thursday morning. My doctor checked things out and I was dilated to 3 and 80% thinned out. He said the minute I felt anything to get into the office asap. I had expressed some concern of inconsistent movement over the last few days so he wanted me to have an ultrasound to check fluid levels and make sure Walker was in position. They also hooked me up to a monitor to see if I was contracting. Fluid levels were great, but to my surprise I was having contractions. Ha! Apparently the pain I had been having in my back was contractions. Good thing I went to the doctor that morning! When Dr. Hill looked at the monitor, he informed us it was time to head to the hospital!
Holy Cow! To say we were shocked was a true understatement. I didn't even have any of my stuff with me because I never expected to actually go into labor that day! (Also let's just note that while not trying to induce labor, I had walked several miles on Saturday and Tuesday and had eaten spicy Mexican food the night before! Interesting, huh!?) After I called my mom to tell her, we went over. Although completely shocked, Blake and I both were surprisingly calm the entire time!
![]() |
| Last picture as a family of two! |
| I pushed for about 40 minutes and Walker was here! He came out screaming his head off and it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard!Ha! Overall our birthing experience was really not too bad! (I may have been singing a different tune had Walker baked for three more weeks!Ha!) The only way I can explain it is it was the most amazing experience I've ever had! Perfect Labor coach! Walker is such a lucky little boy to have such an amazing daddy!! Needless to say our lives became 100% more fulfilled on Thursday! We are absolutely so in love with our little miracle! You can prepare for a baby for 9 months but there is now way to prepare your heart for the overwhelming feeling of love that comes when you hold your baby for the first time! |










2 comments:
That is so crazy that he came so early and you had had no idea you were even in labor! Sounds like everything went well though and it was a perfect day! Congrats again!
Thanks Lyndsey! It was crazy, but ended up going smoothly!
Post a Comment