So Blake and I spent a lot of time this weekend getting more organized around the house. It felt so good to go through and purge things we no longer need/use/want. We still have a long way to go but I feel like we are making progress...
Along those same lines, I keep worrying about keeping up with everything once I go back to work. (People I'm down to three weeks left of my summer break/maternity leave. I am just sick about it.) Anyways, I was looking back at one of Kelly's show us your life posts about getting organized and found the perfect way to stay organized with meal planning. I have an absolute horrible time trying to think of things for dinner each week. Lately we've actually gotten into the habit of running to the store many times a week, which I hate. This new schedule should make meal planning much, much easier...
Mexican Mondays (anything that fits under mexican food)
Tomato Tuesday (anything with a tomato base or pretty much Italian)
Wild-card Wednesday (can be anything we want)
Thrifty Thursday (cook a cheap meal)
Frozen Friday (cook something frozen because who really wants to cook on Friday)
See-ya Saturday (we usually go out to eat on Saturdays)
Soup/Sandwiches/Salads Sundays (we usually go out after church, so this will give us a lighter meal on Sunday nights, plus leftovers for lunch through the week)
We tweaked it a little from the original source but I feel like this should really cut down on eating out and wasting time and money on multiple trips to the store.
Ok and speaking of getting organized, I broke down and joined Pinterest. I was trying to resist because I thought I didn't need one more thing to take up my time on the internet but I love it and it's so nice to finally have a place to store all the wonderful ideas I find on the web!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh I love that meal planning idea! It's cute and gives you a guide to go off. I am terrible at meal planning too. I usually end up throwing something together last minute or we just go out.
I am so sad you for that your mat leave is ending soon, I hope the next three weeks go by realllly slow for you!
Thank you for sharing that meal planning idea, I will try that from here on out!! It is always a headache deciding on meals!
I'm scared to join pinterest, I here one you start you can't stop!! :)
Post a Comment