Walker and I survived our quick beach trip to Hilton Head! We left on Friday morning and got home late last night. This was a very quick trip since two of the days were spent mostly in the car. Traveling such a long distance with an infant makes for a very long drive. We had to stop more often so I could feed him and the drive ended up taking a little over ten hours! I might just be crazy! (Please don't judge me as a mother for making my child ride in his car seat for such a long time! For the record when we did stop, we kept him out of his seat for a bit so he could stretch! Ha!) Walker traveled pretty well considering he's only 7 weeks old. He slept the majority of the drive but was a little fussy when awake and understandably so! I was a little worried about Walker sleeping after the long drive down and back but he did great both nights! (We have plans to go back to HHI for our family vacay in August and Blake and I are talking about breaking up the drive half way.We'll see!)
And for the picture overload...
Such a trooper during the drive down!
Ok, get me out of this seat!
Mommy got to enjoy some relaxing sun soaking on the beach while Walker slept in his stroller and enjoyed the cool ocean breeze! Don't worry the stroller kept him completely shaded. BTW a jogging stroller at the beach is a must. My parents have one down there, but I feel like Blake and I need to invest in one for home. It was so easy for walking!
We ate in two nights and went out once. I bought this adorable outfit when I was pregnant and Walker finally fits into it! I think he could possibly be the cutest kid ever, ha!
This trip made me so thankful for Blake. I cannot imagine being a single mom. Even though I had my whole family there to help me, its so not the same as having the support of my hubs!
The grandkids! I'm so thankful that Walker has so many cousins so close in age...even if they mother him to death!
Walker must have had a good time because he was so smiley the whole trip!
And I think he was worn out from all the extra lovin'!
We also celebrated the 4th by cooking out, and walking over to Shelter Cove for a fireworks show. We ended up at some little park with a DJ and dancing for the kids. It was the perfect spot for the kids and it wasn't too crowded!
Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us tag along! We had a great time!




















3 comments:
Jogging strollers are the best! We take ours every time we go to the neighborhood pool - it's super easy to maneuver and Liam can nap in it while we tan :)
Maybe it's just these pictures but he looks like he might be a redhead?? Or just strawberry blonde maybe? I just love all his fuzzy hair!
Glad to hear he did so well! We'll be doing a long trip in a few weeks. Hope our little one does just as good
I really want a jogging stroller but can't decide which one to get.
Lyndsey- I don't know about the hair. It has lightened up a lot. It looks reddish in the pictures but in real life I think it has more blond. My mother in law had bright red hair growing up so its a possibility, but I'm hoping if it does its more on the strawberry blond side! Ha!
Post a Comment