![]() |
| 31.5 weeks pregnant in this picture. Blake isn't home yet to take an official 32 weeks one! |
Pregnancy Highlights
How far along: 32 Weeks
Size and development of baby: This week Walker will be the size of a Honeydew according to the WTE app and the size of Pineapple according to another one of my baby apps! Geeze, neither of those two fruits are small! He is about 17 inches, and 4.25 pounds now! His little bones are getting harder and Walker is acting more like a newborn. His eyes are closed when he's asleep and open when awake. His immune system is getting stronger!
Maternity Clothes:Very much so. Thanks to my very thoughtful sister-in-law Brooke, I feel like I have a whole new spring wardrobe! In the process of their big move she found some of her spring maternity clothes and loaned them to me! Good thing she has great taste!!
Gender: Baby Boy, Walker Paul
Movement: Whoa momma! This baby may be training for karate or something! He is all over the place, almost all the time! I love it, every time I can't help but laugh or get a silly little smile on my face! I'm also feeling some major kicks, jabs, and body parts but I have know clue what is what!
Sleep: Still sleeping like a rock minus a few bathroom breaks through the night. Thankfully I have no trouble falling back to sleep. I'm having to wedge myself between two pillows to support my back and belly.
What I Miss: Not having an aching back and feeling like an old lady when I get up or down!
Cravings: cold cold fruit (weird I know)
Symptoms: Still fighting the sciatic nerve pain,heartburn and generally just uncomfortable.
Best Moment this week:Getting the glider for his nursery. I've been in there just sitting and rocking thinking about how precious it will be to actually rock my little baby! I'm not even lying when I say that when I sit in this chair and rock he starts kicking up a storm! Blake and I also made a trip to Toys R Us/ Babies R Us and used some gift cards and made returns of some duplicates from my shower. It was so fun shopping together for our son, yes the son we created! Amazing!!
In other baby news: The nursery is almost finished. I still need to find some shelves to hang, and we are still waiting to get our replacement for the damaged furniture that I mentioned a few posts ago. (Yes, I'm really annoyed about this!)
Let me also just vent for a minute: I'm getting so excited for Walker to arrive and several people have a negative response to this. Its really getting on my nerves when people tell me not to wish my pregnancy away. Then they go on to say, "This is the easy part, once he's here you can't put him back!" OK, first of all, I know being a parent is not easy, but I did actually get pregnant for a reason, TO HAVE A BABY! I am ready for him to be here and I can't wait to see his sweet face. I know things aren't always going to be perfect and we aren't going to be living in a dream world when he comes. I feel like I have realistic expectations of what life will be like with a newborn and I am ready for it! So please quit telling me how horrible it was when you brought your baby home and how you were so tired you thought you would die, yada yada yada. Billions of people have had babies for thousands of years, I think we'll be ok!!
WOW, sorry for that last part. Guess I've been holding that in for awhile!





3 comments:
You will be great parents! After all the practice with the girls and my rotten boys, you will be fabulous! Congrats and we are so happy for you (Terry) and Blake!!!
Just thought I would leave a comment telling you how cute you are!! I am obsessed with reading blogs and love when you post facebook with your blog! I cracked up and you venting, its amazing what people will say to you! Enjoy all the moments of being pregnant and a newborn! Yeah you are sleepy but it is so worth and you will find that out! You are in so awe that it doesnt matter! I would do anything to go back to those tired days sometimes when I have a toddler being bossy and out of conrol! All stages have hard times and easy times, but they are all so worth it!!
I know just what you mean! People used to tell me "Just you wait!" when I said I wanted Liam to hurry up and get here, but I will tell you from someone who is right in the middle of the newborn crazy life-changing experience - it is AMAZING! The long nights, sore boobs, anything negative you can dream up is SO worth it and so much more fun than waddling around. So you just keep on being excited because you have a lot of fun things to look forward to VERY soon!
Post a Comment