Sunday, April 24, 2011

SB 2011 Recap...

I have had the best week off for Spring Break! I have been so well rested and relaxed. For the most part I took it easy enjoying my time away from work. I generally love what I do, but at this point in the school year and my pregnancy, I'm not looking forward to going back tomorrow! I mean seriously I haven't had swollen ankles all week!

Unfortunately very few things actually got crossed off of my to do list before baby comes. But I did make it to the dentist, dermatologist, and baby doctor this week. I go back to the baby doctor in a week and a half and then I start going every week!  AHHH! We are so close, I literally cannot wait!

While I can't say that this week was as interesting as say some of my college spring breaks, it was wonderful nonetheless! Its crazy how my definition of "fun" has changed in the last five or six years!

I started off the week with a slumber party with these crazy cuties...

The traditional slumber party crazy face picture!

On Monday I kept three of my favorite girls...which left me pretty exhausted.


My camera died so I didn't get any pictures. :( But these are the girls I'm referring to! :)
BTW, Blake and I also decided our house really isn't kid proof yet!


I spent some time making crafts...
I had seen some cute travel wipes cases on Etsy for about $20 which I thought was crazy. I dug through my mom's sewing stuff and made this one for free! (I even got the actual wipes case as a shower gift.) Love my trusty little hot glue gun!

My kitchen was seriously lacking something. I almost tackled the art of stenciling a backsplash, thank goodness I remembered this project instead! Much easier and I love it!

I also had seen this how to for a diy collector's shelf and was at HL gathering the materials to make it when I actually stumbled upon this already made one at HL. It was regularly $40 marked 50% off. It had a crack in one of the front pieces so I asked if it could be further reduced. I knew it could be fixed with a little wood putty and I needed to paint it cream anyways. I left paying a grand total of $14 for this little beauty! Actually cheaper than the diy one and it saved me a lot of time!

I washed lots of teeny, tiny, little things...
Ready to be washed

So fresh and so clean

Ready to be worn by a little special someone!
And this is not even half of his clothes! I only washed the 0-3 months stuff because I want to see how big my little man actually is! I also only hung some of it back up, I didn't feel it was practical to expect to hang up onsies every time they get washed! Also, I hate doing laundry but this stuff was pretty precious!!


I got the nursery basically put together...still waiting on the new chest to arrive, ugh.

More pics of the total finished project to come later!


I celebrated this little doll's 2nd birthday!
Happy Birthday Low Low

And today I celebrated Easter with all my loves!
I sort of took a lot of pictures today, so I'll do a separate Easter post later. For now I'll just leave you with this one...

No comments: