Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bye Bye Baby Weight

So next week I think I'm going to link up with Tami at Little Moments Like This for her Bye Bye Baby Weight segment. She has an adorable little girl a week younger than Walker and is also fighting the post pregnancy weight battle!  I missed linking up yesterday but thought I could set some goals for next week.

So the details:
Wow I'm feeling brave...During my pregnancy I gained about 35 lbs! Yuck! My original weight gain goal was to not gain more than 25lbs as I approached 25 , I pushed the goal to 30. As I approached 30, I pushed it to 35 and thank goodness Walker came 3 weeks early! Ha! Anyways, the first 18 pounds have come off really easily, as in I've done nothing to very little to lose that weight.  Now I'm feeling stuck. I joined Weight Watchers online again a few weeks ago and have lost about 3 more pounds since then.My points are set up to include extra calories for nursing. The extra points haven't left me very motivated though because I feel like I have so many points I can still eat pretty much whatever. But now I really need to start zoning in on everything I eat. I still have about 14 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-baby weight. Lets be really honest here, I feel like I don't look too bad for just having a baby but every time I get dressed I feel like a cow and get completely depressed because I have like nothing to wear pants wise. Normally I would just throw on a dress because those fit fine, however, when nursing a baby, a dress isn't such a good choice! Also I refuse to buy anything right now to fit into because I'm determined to lose this weight! My ultimate goal is to be back into my pre-pregnancy clothes by the time I have to go back to work on Aug. 16.

So this week my goals are:
Exercise at least 3 times.
Count all my points and stay within my points daily.
Drink plenty of water
Make healthy choices when eating out (see note)

Note: Walker and I will be going out of town with my parents later this week but I'm going to try to stick with my goals.

Check back Monday to see the progress!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I plan on joining weight watchers after Houston is born too. Can't wait to hear your tips and tricks on how you do it - I know you'll do great!

The Blog said...

WOW! I am very impressed with this! I have already told myself that I will never be back into my pre-pregnancy clothes b/c I am afraid I will never see that tiny little size again! ha! But, I will be interested to see how you do it while still getting to enjoy eating! :)
PS- I think you look great and you looked great during your pregnancy!

The Blog said...

Whoops :) I was still on my work blog account!
"The Blog" comment was from me, Megan, Ashley! :)