Two non-baby posts in a row...I know, right?! In my little guy's short 3.5 weeks I've quickly realized the Kindle is a new mommy must have. We spend lots of time sitting, tv can getting a little boring, and you only need one hand to turn the page!
![]() |
| Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin |
At the recommendation of my bestie Ellen, I purchased a few of Emily Griffin's books when I first got my Kindle for Christmas. With all the baby planning and my grad school class, I never had time to read Something Borrowed until Spring Break. This was a fantastic book that has you quickly turning the pages. I also loved this book because I felt like I was cheering for the underdog, even though she was stealing her best friend's fiance! Oops! Emily Griffin must be a talented writer to convince you that Rachel and Dex have to be together even though their circumstances are less than morally correct! Unfortunately we never made it to see the movie before Walker made his grande entrance but I am anxious to see if it was like the book.
![]() | |
| Something Blue By Emily Griffin |
I was reading this before Walker was born but just had a chance to finish it. This book follows the same story as Something Borrowed but it tells the story through Darcy's (the fiance/best friend) perspective. I thought it was so funny seeing the story through both sides because I still was rooting for the boyfriend stealing friend. However, Darcy's character truly evolves through the book and I ended up liking her at the end.
Most of the time I don't like to read something that requires me to think too much. I like books that are easy/quick reads. So far everything I've read by Griffin fits that type. I highly recommend both of these books, even if you already saw the movie!
Last week I decided to read something with a little more meaning.
This is the story of Christian artist, Steven Curtis Chapman's wife Mary Beth's life. She shares in her struggle with clinical depression, raising 3 biological children and choosing to adopt 3 little girls from China, but the majority of the book is about the loss of her youngest child, Maria. Maria was accidentally run over by her third child, Will, in the family driveway. Through such a horrible accident, and unbearable sadness Mary Beth and her family chose to see how God was working in their family through the loss of her baby girl. This book was truly inspirational and a reminder that God is always there even through our heartache. This was such a well written, amazing book. You should definitely check it out!
And just because he's so stinkin' cute...
Happy Reading!






4 comments:
eeeek! love the little outfit! gymboree yes? why do i have their clothing lines memorized? haha
i have a long list of summer reads too! too bad the days of lounging by the pool and reading for hours are loooong gone!
Another Emily Giffin book I loved is Baby Proof. It made me cry!
I love Emily Giffin books. Her latest, Heart of the Matter is a fabulous book. You should check it out along with her other books.
Walker is soo cute by the way. I love seeing all the pictures!
I love Emily Giffin's books!
Little Walker is such a cutie!
Post a Comment