Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad's Day

My dad is...
a Christian leader in our family
a wonderful example of how a man should love his wife
a hero to four children
a story/joke teller extraordinaire
a very hard worker
a cancer survivor
my biggest cheerleader
my Mr. Fix-it (in more ways than one!)
one of my best friends


Love you Dad!
Everyone says they have the best dad, but I really do! I can't talk about how wonderful my dad is without getting all emotional and while this list hardly gives you the full picture of how awesome my dad is, I think you get the idea!

For the past (almost) 6 years I've had the pleasure of watching my dad take on the role of a Poppy. I'm so thankful that Walker now gets to experience the love my dad gives to his grandchildren.   
My dad with his little namesake, Walker Paul!  Little Walker, you have a big name to live up to! I couldn't think of a better person that I want my son to be like as he grows!  I think these two are going to be best buds!

And to the newest dad in my life...
My sweet, sweet Blake! 
I never doubted for a second that you would be anything but an amazing father for our son! It melts my heart watching all 225 pounds of you be so gentle, nurturing, patient, and caring with our tiny little boy! I can't wait to watch your relationship with our little guy unfold. I know you are going to be his hero and what a wonderful example you will be for him! I can already picture him following you around everywhere and you two goofing off together! In today's world, having a positive male role model means everything, and I am so thankful that Walker will have you to look up to! What a lucky little guy! Thank you for giving me such an adorable little boy to love on! 




Happy first Father's Day! We love you!

No comments: