Today was the last day of school for my kiddos. Walker and I made a surprise appearance this afternoon. The kids just about knocked me over with hugs, and were in awe of Walker. They all resisted the urge to touch him too which I was pretty adamant about! I had such a wonderful group of kids this school year, I'm a little sad to see them move on. I am so proud of them and how hard they worked this school year! I have mixed emotions too about leaving my school. It was so good to see everyone today. I'm really going to miss them next year.
On another note, I also went to my new school this morning to meet my class for next year for a few minutes. They seem like a great group of kids, and I really like the school environment there. I'm feeling slightly anxious about being the "new girl" again, but I'm sure it will be fine. I took Walker to my parents before heading to the school. It was my first time to leave him and even though it was only for an hour or so, I hated it! I couldn't wait to get back to him! I don't even want to think about August! But the good part is, I left my house at 8:40, took Walker to my parents, and was at the school by 8:45! Hello wonderful morning commute! All the anxious feelings aside, the convenience alone will be so worth it!
I think change is always hard, but I'm hoping that the decision to move will make the transition to a working momma better! In the mean time I'm going to soak up the next two months with my buddy!
Monday, June 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm a new follower... My husband and I are trying to start our family soon and so I have babies on the brain. I'm also a teacher too. Thank goodness for summer break!
Post a Comment