Monday, June 27, 2011

Walker's Weekly- 6 weeks

So I'm a little late on posting this because we've been so busy the last few days but my little guy is 6 weeks old! As usual, I can't believe it's already been six weeks. That seems like such a milestone! Thank goodness its summer and I won't have to return to work anytime soon! I cannot imagine already having to leave my boy on a daily basis! I had to take Walker to the doctor on Thursday (his actual six week b-day) for a gunky eye. (They think it's clogged tear ducts, poor guy.) Anyways when they weighed him he was 10lbs 14oz! What a big boy! (He was fully clothed and needed his diaper changed so he's probably a little less)  Walker celebrated his six week birthday by sleeping through the whole night!! Needless to say I was one well rested momma! Walker followed this up by sleeping through the night for 3 nights in a row! Woohoo!! Last night he did wake up once but then slept for 5 more hours, so I can't complain too much! A few people have asked if we are following any books to help with the sleeping and the answer to that is no. We have just been blessed with a good sleeper! 

Walker also hit another milestone this week...
Yes, actual real smiles when you talk to him! I've had a hard time catching it on my camera, stupid delay! Anyways, talk about just melting! I am telling you, there is nothing like a sweet baby smile and it's one hundred times more special when it's your own baby smiling at you for the first time. Every day he starts to smile more and more. 
As always, we continue to count our blessings everyday!